This classic loaded cheese quesadilla is the easiest recipe! With just 3 simple ingredients, you can enjoy this easy recipe!
For a heartier quesadilla, try our steak quesadilla or the quesadilla with chicken.
Quesadillas are always a family favorite, especially with kids. From the classic chicken quesadillas (that are Taco Bell’s copycat) to chicken fajita quesadillas – we love making homemade quesadillas.
What makes this Mexican-inspired recipe the BEST is the simplicity of the recipe and how quick it is to make the recipe.
How to make a cheese quesadilla:
A recipe doesn’t get simpler than this one.
- Add cheese to half of the quesadilla.
- Close the tortillas.
- Add to a heated skillet with oil and cook until the tortilla starts to brown.
- Flip tortilla and cook until cheese completely melts.
What is the best cheese for quesadillas?
We love Mexican four-cheese for this recipe. However, just about any shredded cheese will work.
If you have several kinds of cheese that need to be used up, mix all of your cheeses so nothing goes to waste.
|CHEF’S TIP– These cheese quesadillas are the BEST with warm marinara sauce!|
cheese Quesadilla add-ins:
Though you can just do quesadillas, here are great options for fillings to your tortillas and cheese.
- Cooked chicken
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Diced tomatoes
- marinara sauce
Serve the cheese quesadillas with your favorite side to make a complete dinner. Here are some of our favorite options:
Frequently asked questions-
Yes, you can substitute the flour tortillas for corn tortillas.
Over med/low heat, reheat tortillas in an ungreased skillet until reheated.
If you want your quesadilla spicy, add some hot sauce or Sriracha into the quesadilla.
Oh, I just LOVE cheese quesadillas, especially for busy days. This is a great recipe for the kids to help with. They love making their own quesadilla.
Other Mexican-inspired recipes:
- Chicken Taquitos
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Chipotle Chicken Bowl
- Cajun Shrimp
- Beef Fajitas
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp oil
- Add half the cheese on one side on the tortilla and fold. Repeat with other tortilla and rest of the cheese.
- In a skillet heat the oil on medium-low heat. Add the tortillas and cook on medium-low heat until crispy. flip and cook until the cheese is fully melted.
- With a pizza cutter cut into desired slices and serve.