Sharing a great recipe for Spicy Chicken Quesadillas. Amazing combination of shredded chicken, cheese, mayo, and sriracha sauce in a tortilla and cooked.
This easy recipe will become a favorite for the adults and children alike. 🙂
I love food with a bit of a kick to it. This here is just that – spicy and cheesy chicken quesadillas, the Sriracha gives it a nice touch. This recipe was inspired by our Buffalo Chicken Dip and my kids’ love for chicken quesadillas from Taco Bell. If we ever go to Taco Bell, that is what our kids want to order. They are just SOO overpriced there, so we just make them at home (because who wants to pay almost $4 for 1 quesaddila).
What I love about this recipe is that you can make the mixture in advance and refrigerate it. Then, when you’re ready to serve them, assemble and cook the quesadillas and they are ready within minutes. You can store the mixture in the fridge for several days. These are great for when your kids come from school and need a snack but they aren’t quite ready for dinner.
These chicken quesadillas are also really great to freeze. Completely make the spicy chicken quesadillas, freeze in a Ziploc bag. All you then have to do is thaw them and cook. So easy and a great recipe for when you are just too busy and don’t have time to cook a meal.
INGREDIENTS for SPICY CHICKEN QUESADILLA:
- cooked chicken
- cream cheese
- sriracha sauce
- salt & pepper
- sour cream
Also, slice some avocado’s to go with the quesadilla. Get your fix of “healthiness” for the day, haha. The avocado goes so well with the chicken quesadillas and sour cream. (On a side note, do you know how beneficial an avocado is for your health? It contains potassium, fiber, it can lower cholesterol, can help lose weight. The list goes on, I really am liking that last point. Though I have no will power to diet for weight loss, I sure am liking the idea of enjoying the avocado with quesadillas to get some nutrients in my system.
TIPS for MAKING SPICY CHICKEN QUESADILLA:
- This recipe calls for cooked chicken. You can either use canned chicken or cook your own chicken.
- To cook chicken- In a saucepan add half part chicken broth, half part water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring chicken to a boil (remove any scum that rises to the top.) Turn heat down to low and simmer 15-20 minutes, until desired tenderness of chicken is reached. Once the chicken is cooled, pull apart with a fork or shred with a Kitchen Aid mixer with the flat beater attachment.
- If you love spicy, add more Sriracha (or hot sauce).
- Grating a block of cheese is better than pre-packed shredded cheese. Performs better in recipes.
- If you have a non-stick pan, oil doesn’t need to be added when cooking. If you don’t have a non-stick pan, or want the quesadillas really crispy, lightly grease pan with oil and heat before adding quesadillas.
NOTE: Finally am taking my oldest recipe and revisiting them and taking new pictures. This recipe is one of our very first recipes and the photos were horrific, lol. Think these photos came out much better.
Hope you enjoy these Spicy Chicken Quesadillas. Don’t forget to share your creations with us, tag us on Social Media #ValentinasCorner! 🙂 We love to see what’s cooking in your kitchen inspired by our kitchen. 🙂
Chicken, mayo, cheese, and sriracha sauce combined and placed in tortillas and cooked. Such an easy recipe for brunch or even a lazy dinner. Ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup cheddar or Mexican cheese
- 2-3 tsp Sriracha sauce, RedHot sauce will work too
- Dash of salt, pepper and paprika
- 3-4 burrito tortillas
- sour cream for dipping, optional
- avocado, optional
Combine the chicken, cream cheese, ranch, cheese, sriracha, salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix with a fork.
Spread some of the chicken mixture on one half of a tortilla. Bring the other side over and pat down.
Cook on a dry, large pan on medium/high heat about 4-6 minutes, flip a few times. Enjoy immediately.
(If you don’t use all the mixture up, just keep it closed and refrigerated. It will taste just fine the following day.)