This crispy oven roasted broccoli recipe makes for the BEST side dish to just about any entree! Broccoli florets tossed in oil, salt, and pepper then roasted until crispy and tender.
This quick oven-roasted broccoli recipe is so SIMPLE to make! All you need is 5 staple kitchen ingredients to achieve the flavorful broccoli florets.
Broccoli is packed with fiber and protein, making it a healthy side dish option.
- BROCCOLI: Fresh broccoli.
- OIL: Olive oil, Canola oil or Vegetable Oil, or Extra Virgin Olive Oil will all work.
- SEASONINGS: We just use salt and pepper but you can use any of your favorite seasonings!
- LEMON: Fresh lemon when serving.
How to Cut Broccoli-
- Place broccoli stems up onto a cutting board.
- With a knife, cut the florets from the crown.
- Continue working your way into the center of the floret cluster.
- Rinse the broccoli, we just add all of the pieces into a colander and rinse under cold water.
Chef’s Tip: You want to leave about 1 inch of stem on each floret.
|When cutting the broccoli, you want them cut in uniform pieces for even cooking.|
You don’t have to steam the broccoli before roasting it.
To reheat the broccoli, just add to the oven and bake until reheated.
When spreading out the broccoli, spread out florets on the baking sheet. If they are clustered together, they may bake unevenly.
You don’t want huge florets as they start to burn on the edges and be firm at the stem. Keep the size at a medium and uniform.
You didn’t remove all of the liquid after you rinsed the broccoli.
- Sprinkle some red pepper flakes if you want some heat.
- Add in sliced almonds the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze when serving.
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese is a great touch. Serve alongside classic dips like Avocado ranch or classic dressings.
Other side dishes you’ll love:
Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Rinse the broccoli and cut it into even-sized small broccoli florets.
- Add the broccoli florets to the baking sheet and drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper and toss. Spread the florets evenly among the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or until the broccoli is crispy and reached desired tenderness.
- Top with lemon juice and parmesan cheese and serve.