This 2-ingredient Balsamic Glaze Recipe is just perfect. The balsamic vinaigrette (or balsamic reduction), is sweet and tangy and great to use over salad, bruschetta, flatbread and sandwiches (especially this breakfast sandwich).
what is Balsamic Vinaigrette made of-
Balsamic glaze is just balsamic vinegar reduction. It can be reduced by itself or with a sweetener like brown sugar or honey. Though I’ve experimented with just balsamic vinegar itself, I prefer a sweetener with it (it’s too acidic for me without the sweetener.)
how to make a balsamic glaze-
This recipe is so easy, it almost doesn’t require a recipe.
- Combine balsamic vinegar with a sweetener (like honey or brown sugar) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a soft boil then simmer until it reduces in half, about 12 minutes. The glaze will start to thicken but will look runny. TIP: Don’t overcook the glaze or it will become hard!
NOTE: This jar was a triple portion of the glaze. I like to make a large portion and so I always have glaze when I need it. 🙂
how long does balsamic glaze last?
The glaze will last for up to three weeks if refrigerated. The glaze is best if stored in a glass mason jar (TIP: Be sure to date the jar so you know when it will expire).
You’ll love these other homemade dressings:
- Mexican Salad– unique honey dressing.
- Summer Salad– creamy avocado ranch dressing.
- Caesar Salad Dressing– the best Caesar salad dressing.
- Romaine Avocoda Salad– light and healthy.
Skip store-bought balsamic glaze, homemade is so much better and so easy to make. Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below, we love hearing from you
Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lightly packed brown sugar
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer until mixture is reduced by half and starts to thicken (about 12 minutes, depending on the quality of vinegar).
- Cool glaze completely before use. Keep leftovers refrigerated.