This is the best homemade Spicy Mayo Sauce Recipe that’s bursting with so much flavor. The sauce is creamy, savory and great to add to your sandwiches, wraps, or use as a dipping sauce.
Spicy Mayo recipe Video-
Watch Valentina make Spicy Mayo and don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
SPICY MAYO SAUCE RECIPE-
This spicy mayo sauce is a deliciously creamy and rich sauce that is a classic in Japanese cuisine. The sauce is so versatile and may be enjoyed as a spread or dipping sauce.
|Is spicy mayo and yum-yum sauce the same thing?
Spicy mayo’s base is mayo and Sriracha while yum yum uses mayo, butter and tomato paste as the base and doesn’t have any heat to it.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED-
With just a few ingredients and spices, you can have this simple and flavor-packed condiment ready in just five minutes.
- MAYO- Mayonnaise is the most important ingredient. We use Hellman’s Real Mayo for this recipe but you can use your favorite mayo.
- SRIRACHA- For the spicy heat in the sauce, you’ll either want to add Sriracha, Frank’s Hot sauce or Tabasco. Add more or less of the Sriracha to taste.
- LEMON- The lemon gives this sauce a zesty kick to the sauce. You can also use lime juice instead if that is what you have on hand.
- SUGAR- Sugar neutralizes the flavors.
- CHILI POWDER- The chili powder joins the sriracha in adding heat to the sauce.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY MAYO-
Have this creamy spicy mayo recipe ready to be enjoyed in under 5 minutes, the instructions are that easy!
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sriracha, lemon and chili powder until combined.
- Transfer to an airtight container container or jar and keep refrigerated.
- Serve as desired.
There are several different ways to serve and enjoy this mayo sauce. Here are some of our favorite ways:
- SUSHI– This sauce is very commonly used as a drizzle for sushi rolls.
- SPREAD– We love using this as a spread on Club Sandwiches, our hearty Chicken Wraps and even on our Chicken Bacon Panini recipe.
- DIPPING SAUCE– Serve this spicy mayo as a dipping sauce for Crispy Fries or even Sweet Potato Fries.
- BURGERS- The sriracha mayo is great to use instead of classic mayo on burgers.
- BOWLS- Drizzle the spicy mayo over your bowl like the California Bowl or the Salmon Bowl.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Store the mayo sauce in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge.
If you store the sauce properly, the sauce will last up to two weeks.
Mayo gives the necessary richness to the sauce. You can substitute the mayo for sour cream or Greek yogurt, but the texture will not be the same.
Yes, you can substitute it with 1 1/2 teaspoons of white vinegar.
OTHER CONDIMENTS AND SAUCES-
Spicy Mayo Sauce Recipe
- In a bowl, combine the mayo, sriracha, lemon, sugar, and chili powder. Continue whisking until sauce is creamy and well incorporated.