This is the best homemade spicy mayo sauce recipe bursting with so much flavor. The sauce is spicy and creamy and great to add to your sandwiches, wraps or use as a dipping sauce.
SPICY MAYO SAUCE RECIPE-
This spicy mayo sauce is a delicious, creamy, and rich sauce that is a classic in Asian cuisine. We love using this spicy mayo sauce as a dipping sauce or for a spread on sandwiches. It is such an easy sauce to make and so delicious!
|Is spicy mayo and yum yum sauce the same thing? |
Spicy mayo’s base is mayo and Sriracha while yum yum uses
mayo, butter, and ketchup as a base and doesn’t have any heat to it.
With just a few ingredients you can have this simple and flavor-packed sauce ready.
- MAYO– Mayo is the most important ingredient. We use Hellman’s Real Mayo for this recipe but you can use your favorite mayos.
- SRIRACHA– For the spicy heat in the sauce, you’ll want to add Sriracha. If you don’t have Sriracha, you can also use hot sauce or even tabasco.
- LEMON– The lemon gives this sauce a zesty kick to the sauce. You can also use lime instead, if that is what you have on hand.
- SUGAR– Sugar neutralizes the flavors.
- OIL– Oil gives the sauce creaminess, you can use melted butter as a substitute.
- GARLIC– Enhances the flavors
- SALT & PEPPER– Season with salt and pepper for that extra flavor.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY MAYO-
Have this creamy spicy mayo recipe ready in under 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayo, sriracha, lemon, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Serve as desired.
- Enjoy, friends!
There are several different ways to serve and enjoy this mayo sauce. Here are some of our favorite ways:
- SUSHI– This sauce is very common to use as a drizzle for sushi rolls.
- SPREAD– We love using this as a spread on club sandwiches, our hearty chicken wraps and even on our chicken bacon panini recipe.
- DIPPING SAUCE– Serve this spicy mayo as a dipping sauce for crispy fries or even sweet potato fries.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Store the mayo sauce in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you store the sauce properly, the sauce will last up to two weeks.
Mayo gives the necessary richness to the sauce. You can substitute the mayo for sour cream or Greek yogurt, but the texture will not be the same.
Other condiments and sauces-
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- In a bowl, combine the mayo, sriracha, lemon, sugar, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Continue whisking until sauce is creamy and well incorporated.