This easy homemade Chicken Wraps Recipe is amazing! Crispy flour tortilla loaded with juicy chicken, bacon, lettuce, avocado and cheese drizzled with a delicious spicy Ranch dressing. This chicken wrap is the perfect combination of flavor and great for lunch or dinner, ready in just 15 minutes!
easy chicken wraps recipe-
We like to keep lunch simple during the summer. This chicken wrap is definitely a favorite. The chicken breast is sautéed until crispy on the outside and so juicy on the inside. The chicken combined with the bacon, veggies, avocado and a spicy Ranch is seriously a keeper recipe. I especially love that all of the ingredients are most likely already in your fridge.
Though the chicken is best served hot, it can also be enjoyed cold.
To watch the full video for these chicken wraps, watch our YOUTUBE video and subscribe for more videos!
what do you put on a wrap?
What I love most about wraps is they are so forgiving and versatile. Once you cook the chicken, the stuffing can really be tweaked every time with whatever ingredients you have in the fridge. Here are some great toppings to add to the chicken:
- PROTEIN: Chicken and bacon are great. You can also use fish or shrimp if you like seafood.
- VEGETABLES: Lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, avocado are all great. You can also add cucumbers, pepper and jalapenos if you like. (TIP: The vegetables can either be sliced, cubed or finely shredded.)
- DRESSING: You don’t want the wrap to taste dry. Some mayo, Ranch or Chipotle Ranch like we use in this recipe are all great options.
what kind tortilla is good for a wrap?
We prefer flour tortillas for wraps. You can either get the large burrito size tortillas or medium taco size, whatever your personal preference. My hubby likes his wrapped like a burrito so I use a large tortilla for him, I just like to fold mine as a taco, so I like the medium size. Haha, we are not complicated at all. 😉
what kind of chicken can I use?
Though sautéing a fresh chicken breast is the best, you can reheat a rotisserie chicken or even used canned chicken (hot or cold).
how to make a chicken wraps:
- Prepare a recipe for chicken breast.
- Meanwhile, slice lettuce into thin strands (I promise, it tastes the best this way). Slice avocado. Cube tomato or slice. Slice onion into strand or finely chop (or leave out completely if you have a romantic dinner that evening ;).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ranch with hot sauce for a bit of a kick to the already awesome ingredients.
- To assemble. Heat tortillas in a skillet or bake in the oven until crispy. Layout the tortilla and top remaining ingredients. Drizzle with ranch. SO GOOD!
NOTE: We used THIS skillet for this recipe and love it.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Try these other simple lunch ideas:
- Chicken Flatbread Pizza– flatbread pizza with chicken, bacon, and tomatoes.
- Chipotle Avocado Sandwich– delicious sandwich with a chipotle sauce.
- Turkey Grilled Cheese Recipe– fancy grilled cheese with turkey and bacon.
- Chicken Quesadilla– a favorite with the kids!
Friends, I just cannot wait for you to give this homemade chicken wrap a try. The combination of flavors will be sure to give your taste buds a serious party and your belly true satisfaction. Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any new addictions, haha!
- Prepare 1 recipe of the pan-seared chicken breast.
- Over high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet. Sear chicken 2-3 minutes per side. Turn heat down to low, close lid of the skillet and cook another 5-6 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Cook in a separte skillet until desired doneness. Pat grease dry.
- Slice lettuce and onion, cube tomatoes and slice or cube avocado.
- In a small bowl combine together the ranch and hot sauce.
- In a skillet, heat the flour tortillas until desired crispiness. (Or layout tortilla on wire rack in oven and bake until crispy.)
- Slice chicken into thin strands, add to tortilla. Add remaining ingredients over top of chicken. Drizzle with the ranch.
- Roll the wrap. Enjoy, friends.