This is the ULTIMATE guide on How to Make a Fruit Platter for your next party or event. Slices of fresh fruit beautifully arranged on a platter with fruit dips. This platter can be arranged in under 30 minutes!
We love to arrange food on a platter or board for serving, especially for parties. Whether a classic Charcuterie Board or the Breakfast Board, the platters are always a hit!
An EPIC fruit platter is a perfect treat for parties. It adds so much beauty to the table and is so simple to make. The guests are able to choose their favorite fruit and the added Classic Fruit Dip and Chocolate Dip complete the platter. If you don’t want to make the dip, just use yogurt.
|Be sure to use a large cutting board or platter that will fit everything on it.|
How to make a fruit board?
Arranging a fruit platter is so fun. You can make it your own design and decorate it as you like, here are some tips for success.
The BEST fruits for a fruit platter-
You want to start out with purchasing fruits you’d like to add to your fruit platter. I like to make sure to get a variety of flavors, colors, and whatever is in season at the time for the best taste. Here are some ideas what works in a fruit platter:
How to arrange a fruit platter?
- Start out by making the fruit dips, if you’ll be using dips.
- Cut the fruit into slices, squares, or shapes (cookie cutter works great).
- Add the fruit dip into bowls or ramekins, we used these.
- Add smaller fruit like blueberries and raspberries into bowls as well, serve with a mini spoon.
- Arrange the large fruit like the orange slices and watermelon first.
- Then, slowly add the rest of the fruit around the bowls and large slices.
Can I make a fruit Tray the night before?
- Yes, most of the fruit may be sliced the night before and kept separate covered and refrigerated. Then, all you have to do is arrange the platter before serving.
- You can also make the fruit dip(s) the night before to save time.
Enjoy the Fruit Tray for your next Fourth of July celebration, special occasions like a bridal or baby shower, or even Holidays!
How to Make the ULTIMATE Fruit Platter
- 1 recipe of fruit dip
- 1 recipe of chocolate fruit dip
- fruits of choice
- Prepare the cream cheese fruit dip and the chocolate fruit dip.
- In a platter or board, lay out and arrange the fruits and dips as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!