This delicious cream cheese fruit dip recipe is the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Made with marshmallow fluff and cream cheese, the dip is whipped until fluffy and perfectly creamy!
Serve the cream cheese fruit dip all summer long along with our popular chocolate fruit dip for the ultimate spread.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
An easy cream cheese fruit dip is a quick way to mix up your summer fruit with just a few minutes of prep! It’s a fluffy, whipped treat that will be a favorite with kids and adults alike. Pair the dip with your favorite fruit such as strawberries, grapes, clementines, and even crackers all year long for a delicious dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Two ingredients. The dip for fruit only requires two basic ingredients.
- Great for last-minute guests. This is the perfect dessert when you have last-minute company and you need a quick treat to serve.
- Kid-friendly. Fruit dip is a great way to convince your kids to eat more fruit. It’s a sweet treat, but they’ll pair it with fruit, giving them some nutrition alongside the dip.
- Add to a spread. The light dip makes a unique addition to a dessert spread fruit board.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Ingredients
All you need for the fruit dip with cream cheese are two ingredients!
- Marshmallow fluff- make your own or buy a container at your local grocery store.
- Cream Cheese- be sure to soften the cream cheese prior to using it in the recipe to prevent lumps.
How to Make Fruit Dip
The fruit dip is the easiest dessert to make, coming together in just two steps.
- Whip cream cheese: Add the softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. With a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add marshmallow fluff: To the cream cheese, scoop in the marshmallow fluff. Continue mixing just until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy, friends!
Substitutions and Variations
These are some ideas for add-ins and swaps that work with the fruit dip recipe!
- Add texture: Sprinkle and fold in crushed Oreos, salted caramel bites, or mini chocolate chips to mix up the texture and add additional flavor and sweetness.
- More fruity flavor: Mix in orange zest and orange juice concentrate to taste to add a zingy, citrus flavor to the dip itself.
- Add chocolate: The dip can be transformed into a chocolate fruit dip by using chocolate cream cheese or by adding cocoa powder to the mix!
Here are some of our favorite ways to serve the marshmallow fluff dip.
- Fruit: Serve with a fresh fruit platter or with any seasonal fruit for a healthier dessert option!
- Pretzels: Serve the dip with pretzels for the optimal salty and sweet combination.
- Crackers: You can dip your favorite wafers, cookies, or crackers such as animal crackers or graham crackers to dip into the fruit dip with cream cheese.
Use whatever fruit is in season for fruit dipping. Some of our favorites include berries such as blueberries and strawberries, apples, which balance the sweetness of the dip, honeydew or watermelon, firm peaches, pineapple, and bananas.
For best results, use an 8 oz brick of regular cream cheese, not whipped cream cheese.
Add sealed cream cheese to a bowl filled up with warm-hot water. Leave for 5-10 minutes for the cream cheese to soften. If you have more time, leave the cream cheese on your countertop for 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can also microwave the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl, but be sure not to overheat or melt the cheese.
Both are the same thing! Marshmallow creme is the technical name of the spread, similar in flavor to marshmallows. Fluff is a brand name, so you may find what you are looking for in the store under the label of “marshmallow creme”.
Store & Freeze
- Storage. Keep the marshmallow dip in the fridge, covered in an airtight container, for up to one week. Be sure to store fruit separately.
- Freeze. Cream cheese doesn’t hold well in the freezer for long periods of time, but the dip can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for about a month, and thawed before enjoying.
More Cream Cheese Recipes
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe (2-ingredients)
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until whipped and creamy.
- Add the marshmallow fluff into the bowl and continue to beat just until well incorporated.
- Serve with fruit and enjoy, friends.