This Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls Recipe is going to be a huge hit with kids and adults alike! The cream cheese is added to the dough as a filling before baking and the buns become light and fluffy with a gooey filling. Satisfaction in every bite.
cinnamon roll recipe-
These homemade cinnamon rolls are perfect and truly the best buns recipe! The rolls are so light, soft, and fluffy. The cinnamon cream cheese filling makes the buns so gooey and sticky, the perfect cinnamon rolls! Since the cream cheese is added as a filling, it’s so much quicker to make these buns when compared to traditional cinnamon buns and lighter in calories.
This is a recipe my sister, Olga, shared with me! Thanks so much, sis!
How to Make Cinnamon roll Dough from Scratch-
- In a saucepan, heat milk, sugar, and salt. Remove from heat and add whisked eggs.
- Add yeast, give the mixture a quick stir.
- Cover the bowl and set aside for the yeast to activate for about 3 minutes.
- Add sifted flour.
- Mix until dough is soft, slightly sticky and flour is well incorporated.
- Cover dough and set aside to rise 1 hour, the dough will double in size.
How to Make cream cheese Cinnamon Rolls-
- PREPARE THE FILLING: In a bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Set aside.
- Divide dough into two equal parts.
- Roll out the dough in a large rectangle.
- Generously spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the dough.
- Dust with half of the cinnamon and half of the flour. TIP: dusting with flour helps the cream cheese stays intact and not ooze to the bottom of rolls.
- Roll up the dough and pinch edges to seal. Cut into 12 slices (15 if you want smaller buns).
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, you will have a total of 24 large buns.
- If you like a strong taste of cinnamon, sprinkle tops of rolls with additionals cinnamon.
- Cover pan and allow rolls to rise 30 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, until tops of buns are crispy.
I hope you loved this homemade cinnamon rolls recipe! Don’t forget to comment below if you give these a try.
Try these other great DESSERT recipes:
- The Best Cranberry Orange Bread– Perfect for fall baking.
- Apple Bread Recipe– The glaze is the best part.
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread– The combination of raspberries and chocolate is amazing.
Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
cream cheese filling-
- 16 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- On the stovetop, in a saucepan, combine milk, salt and sugar. Heat until milk is warm but not hot.
- Remove from heat and add whisked eggs.
- Add yeast and stir, cover and set aside for yeast to activate, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour and mix until flour is well incorporated, soft and slightly sticky.
- Cover dough and allow to rise for one hour.
- Dust working surface generously with flour. Divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Roll out dough into a large rectangle to about 18"x14". Spread half of cream cheese mixture on top of dough. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon and flour.
- Lightly roll up the dough. Gently cut into 12 pieces (15 if you want the buns smaller). Place buns onto the baking pan.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover pans, allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- In a preheated oven to 375°F, bake 18-22 minutes, until tops of buns are golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving, optional.