Making Air Fryer Tater Tots is so easy and truly the best way to cook frozen tater tots. The kid-friendly tater tots are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They may be enjoyed plain or topped with your favorite topping.
Why You’ll LOVE Air Fryer Tater Tots-
- No need to thaw, just add to the air fryer frozen!
- So quick and easy.
- Add personal seasoning or toppings.
- Loved by kids and adults alike.
- No need to heat the oven!
Tater Tots in Air Fryer-
If you want crispy and golden brown tater tots but don’t want to deep fry them, you’ll have to try cooking them in the air fryer. You still get crispy tater tots but without the deep frying and extra grease.
These easy tater tots only need store-bought frozen tater tots, we use the 28 oz bag. You can add your favorite seasoning if you’d like though.
How to cook air fryer tater tots-
I don’t think instructions for a recipe can get any easier than this one.
- Prep Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add Tator Tots: Add the tater tots in a single layer to the air fryer basket. It’s okay if they touch each other.
- Air Fry: Cook the tater tots for 12 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing several times. If you like the tater tots extra crispy, cook an extra 2-3 minutes. If you want to make a large batch then cook the tater tots in batches.
- Serve: Sprinkle tater tots with salt before serving.
|SEASON THE TATER TOTS: |
You can season tater tots with your favorite seasoning before adding them to the air fryer basket or even after they are cooked. Garlic powder, Lawry’s seasoning, salt, and pepper, or your favorite seasoning.
How long do you air fry tater tots-
Keep in mind each air fryer is different as are the different brands of tater tots, so the cooking time may be slightly off. Here’s a guide to follow but keep an all eye on the tater tots the last few minutes.
- 350°F- Air fry the tater tots for 15-17 minutes or until crispy.
- 375°F- Air fry the tater tots for 12-14 minutes or until crispy.
- 400°F- Air fry the tater tots for 10-12 minutes or until crispy
Note: Be sure to toss the tators toss several times during the cooking process.
The tater tots may be served for breakfast, as an appetizer, as a side dish for dinner (instead of french fries), or just as a snack for the kids after school.
You can dip the tater tots in your favorite dipping sauce, here are some of our favorite dips:
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Tater Tots Recipe
- 1 (28 oz) bag of tater tots
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the tater tots in a single layer to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the tater tots for 12 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing several times. For extra cripsy tater tots, cook an extra 2-3 minutes. (You may need to cook in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.)
- Sprinkle tater tots with salt before serving.