This is the easiest recipe for air fryer hot dogs. Ready in just 10 minutes, the hotdogs are so crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Served in a bun with your favorite condiments making it an easy lunch or dinner all year round.
The air fryer has become a new favorite small kitchen appliance. From classic wings to juicy salmon and even fried Oreos, you cannot go wrong using an air fryer.
Air fryer hot dogs-
Hot dogs are a classic favorite, especially with kids. Cooking hot dogs in an air fryer has become a favorite cooking method of mine. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the extra clean-up whether you’re using the boiling method or grilling.
When cooked in an air fryer, they still have that crispiness you’d expect from a good hot dog, yet it retains juiciness on the inside.
What you need-
- Hot dogs– your favorite high-quality hot dogs.
- Buns– you want to make sure your hot dogs and buns are the same size.
- Toppings– your favorite condiments and toppings.
How to make air fryer hot dogs-
You won’t believe how it is to make this recipe in the fryer, with just hot dogs and buns you can have a meal ready in under 10 minutes!
- Make slight cuts into the hots dogs and add the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400°F for about 4 minutes, add the buns into the air fryer and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the buns have reached the desired toastiness.
- Assemble the hots dogs with desired condiments and serve.
Hot dog toppings-
Though you can keep the hot dog toppings to just your favorite condiments, you can also be so creative with your topping. Here are some options for toppings:
- Chopped onion
- Onion salad
- Shredded lettuce
You can keep the hot dogs to a classic and serve them with chips or french fries. Here are some sides we enjoy serving our hot dogs with:
- Coleslaw– is always a classic.
- Deviled eggs– if you have leftover eggs.
- Macaroni salad– is always a winner.
- Sweet potato fries– instead of classic fries.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- yellow mustard
- chopped onion
- Make light slices to the hot dogs and add them to the air fryer basket.
- Cook the hot dogs for 4-6 minutes at 400°F. If you want warm/toasted hot dog buns add the buns into the air fryer the last 2 minutes of the cooking time.
- Assemble the hot dog with desired toppings and serve.