Seasoned Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are that perfect breakfast side dish! Cubed potatoes, seasoned and tossed then air fried until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
AIR FRYER BREAKFAST POTATOES-
There is nothing better for breakfast than potatoes tossed in a flavor-packed seasoning blend and oil then air fried to perfection.
Serve the crispy breakfast potatoes with a side of ham or bacon and egg for a complete breakfast.
A recipe cannot get any simpler and easier than this one, all you need is:
- Potatoes– For the best results you want to use Russet potatoes, also known as Idaho potatoes. You can also use red potatoes and also Yukon gold potatoes.
- Oil– We toss our potatoes into olive oil, but you can also use vegetable oil, avocado oil, or any other oil.
- Seasoning– For the seasoning, we use a classic blend of salt, garlic powder, paprika, Italian, and black pepper. You can use any other of your go-to seasonings.
HOW TO MAKE POTATOES IN AIR FRYER-
This recipe comes together in under 30 minutes!
- Prep– Peel, and cube the potatoes. Add the potatoes to a bowl and toss with oil and seasoning.
- Air Fry– Add the seasoned potatoes to the air fryer basket and air fry until cooked through and crispy.
- Serve– Top with freshly chopped greens and serve.
- Meaty– Add some meat to the potatoes for a hearty dish. We love adding bacon, sausage, chorizo, or even sliced ham.
- Cheesy– Right before the potatoes are done cooking, add some shredded cheese to the potatoes and let the cheese melt.
- Veggies– Add some mushrooms, peppers, spinach or any other veggies to the dish.
- Spicy– Add heat to the potatoes by serving with some hot sauce, sriracha or Cholula.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
No, if you like that extra crispy flavor you can leave the skin on. Just be sure to clean the potatoes well.
To reheat, add the potatoes into the air fryer and cook until warmed or reheat in the microwave.
No, you do not need to preheat the air fryer before cooking the potatoes.
No, you do not need to soak the potatoes!
Since the potatoes are tossed in oil, you do not need to spray the air fryer basket.
There are so many different ways to serve the potatoes for breakfast or a side to an entree.
For Breakfast Serve With:
- Sausage links
- Egg Frittata
As Side to Entree:
- Grilled Pork Chops
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Lemon Garlic chicken
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Alice springs Chicken
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 lbs potatoes, 1-inch cubes
- 1 ½ Tbsp oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Peel and wash the potatoes then cube into 1-inch cubes. Make sure they are all equal in size for even cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
- Add the cubed potatoes into a bowl, pat dry. Toss with the oil and the seasoning mixture.
- Add to air fryer basket, and cook 400°F for 10 minutes. Give the basket a toss an cook an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Top with freshly chopped greens and serve.