This oven-baked Chicken Drumsticks recipe has everything you can ask for in a chicken recipe. Simple ingredients with a 5-minute prep time and you have yourself a chicken dinner even the picky eaters will love!
Also, let’s learn how to cook the drumsticks using different methods.
I love cooking with chicken drumsticks because they are so easy to make and so versatile. These drumsticks are perfectly seasoned then baked until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside and have so much flavor.
All you need for this recipe is chicken drumsticks plus some staple kitchen seasonings, let’s go.
- Chicken drumsticks – pick out drumsticks that are uniform in size for even cooking. Don’t remove the skin, that’s what will give the chicken it’s crispiness.
- Oil + mayo – will not only tenderize the chicken legs but also keep them moist. Yes, you can just leave out the mayo and add more oil.
- Salt – you can season to taste.
- Pepper – ground black pepper, add more or less, to taste.
- Spices – we added garlic powder and onion powder plus paprika to season the chicken. You can use smoked paprika or classic paprika.
Chef’s Note: This recipe is amazing and you can add your favorite seasoning. Just add more or less to taste. Our homemade Chicken Seasoning works wonderfully in this recipe.
How to Make Chicken Drumsticks-
Before you get started, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier cleanup, you’ll thank me later.
- Mix spices – In a small bowl, whisk together the spices for the seasoning.
- Prep chicken – Completely pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Season chicken – Whisk the oil and mayo in a bowl and completely coat the chicken drumsticks. Then generously season and toss until well combined.
- Bake – Cook the chicken drumsticks until the internal temp reaches 165°F.
Marinating Chicken– You want to marinate these drumsticks for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
MORE WAYS TO COOK DRUMSTICKS-
Easily make the drumsticks in your slow cooker.
- Add the seasoned drumsticks to the slow cooker. Cook 3-4 hours on high heat and 5-6 on low heat.
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks-
You can easily make these drumsticks in the air fryer.
- Add drumsticks to the air fryer basket. Cook at 380°F for 10 minutes, flip the drumsticks and cook for another 8-10 minutes. For extra crispy skin, add a few more minutes to cook time.
Grilled Chicken Drumsticks-
Cooking drumsticks on the grill is so easy.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Add the drumsticks onto the grates and grill 30-35 or until internal temperature registers 165°F.
This baked chicken leg recipe may be served with your favorite side dish. Here are some great ideas on what to serve with the drumsticks.
- With salad – pair with our Caesar Salad or the Kale Salad recipe.
- With grain – with a side of Rice or Mashed Potatoes.
- Bread – with breadsticks or Italian bread.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES-
- Lemon Chicken
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Crispy Parmesan Chicken
- Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- In a small bowl prepare seasoning, combine together the salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo and oil.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken drumsticks and pat dry. Add mayo mixture and coat chicken. Seasoning the chicken on all sides and toss to combine.
- Marinate for atleast 30 minutes, up to overnight.