Easy recipe for Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks that are so juicy and mouthwatering. The chicken legs use an easy marinade that is so flavorful, then, smothered in favorite barbecue sauce and baked to crispy perfection.
Drumsticks (legs) are an inexpensive cut of meat to cook with. If marinated properly, they taste phenomenal with minimal ingredients. I love this particular recipe because the flavors from the marinade penetrate into the meat and the legs become so juicy and burst with flavor. Once baked, the drumsticks are generously smothered in BBQ sauce of choice and cooked until chicken is crispy.
Your whole family with love this effortless easy BBQ baked chicken in the oven.
how to make baked bbq chicken-
Tough chicken drumsticks are forgiving and you can usually get away without a marinade, allowing the chicken some time to marinate will always result in better meat!
- Combine the mayo, horseradish, oil, garlic, salt, paprika, and pepper to create a wonderful marinade for the chicken.
- Can I taste the mayo? NO! You will not be able to taste the mayo, it only acts as a tenderizer.
- Coat the chicken drumsticks in the marinade. Add onions to the chicken, cover and refrigerate.
- A large plastic bag may be used instead of a bowl.
- Lay out chicken onto a lined baking sheet and bake.
- Brush chicken generously with your favorite BBQ sauce and continue baking until chicken drumsticks are crispy and fully cooked.
how long should chicken drumsticks marinate?
Because drumsticks have a bone, you typically want to allow the chicken to marinate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. With a proper marinade combined with the juices from the bone, chicken drumsticks are a wonderful choice of meat for baked recipes.
If you make these Baked BBQ Drumsticks, please tag us, we love seeing your creations. #ValentinasCorner
Try these other CHICKEN recipes:
- Easy Baked Chicken Thighs– Thighs marinated and baked to perfection!
- Baked Lemon Butter Chicken Thighs– Thighs prepared in lemon, garlic, and butter!
- One Pan Chicken Potatoes & Vegetables– A simple one pan dinner.
Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 400°F at step 4. Cover baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Prepare marinade. Combine the mayo, horseradish, oil, garlic, salt, paprika, and pepper. Pour over chicken legs and mix well. Add onions and mix again.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Lay out chicken onto a baking sheet, discard of the onions.
- Bake about 35 minutes until the skins of the drumsticks become crispy (baking time may slightly vary, depending on the size of drumsticks and oven).
- Coat drumsticks generously with barbecue sauce. Return to oven. Bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately.