Easy recipe for Baked Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks that are so juicy and flavorful. Such an easy recipe, yet so enjoyable.
Baking chicken has to be my favorite kind of dinner. Especially if the recipe is really simple. Though I must admit, chicken thighs are pretty high in the frequency of baked chicken, drumsticks are just as frequent. Not only do I love this recipe for the easiness of it. When trying to budget and meal plan, I love how affordable chicken drumsticks are for us to enjoy!
Not only is dinner pretty phenomenal, it also didn’t break the bank, so to speak. This chicken casserole is also a favorite of ours. Especially on Sunday mornings. By the time we are home from Sunday service, lunch is ready.
On days we serve recipes like this one, I always have sweet memories of when I was still at home and my mom would serve us chicken with creamy mashed potatoes and a side salad. We as kids loved drumsticks more than any other recipe she would serve us. It was one of those dinners everyone got their fingers in barbecue as they enjoyed their meal and mom would not mind at all that we were making a huge mess. Now, with my own family that I cook for, it’s so special to serve my children chicken and they have a wonderful time enjoying dinner and make memories they too will take with them.
INGREDIENTS for BAKED BARBECUE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS:
- chicken drumsticks
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
TIPS ON MARINATING DRUMSTICKS:
- I love this particular marinade. It really adds juiciness and so much flavor to the chicken and takes away the blandness drumsticks can sometimes have (aka most of the time). You need to let the drumsticks marinade at least 3-4 hours. I usually place the chicken into the marinade first thing in the morning and refrigerate covered, then just bake before we are ready to enjoy dinner. Once I am ready for dinner, all I need to do is mash potatoes and a side. For the side, we like baked asparagus or a spring salad or even a fresh grilled corn.
You can also find this recipe on Julie’s Eats and Treats where I am a contributor.
If you make these BAKED BARBECUE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS, please tag us in your creations, #ValentinasCorner. Or, e-mail us your dinners to [email protected] We LOVE seeing your recipes :)!
Amazingly easy and flavorful recipe for baked chicken drumsticks in barbecue. This will become a favorite.
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp creamy horseradish
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup barbecue
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the mayo, horseradish, oil, garlic, salt, paprika and pepper. Pour over chicken. Mix well. Add onion, mix again. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Lay out chicken on baking sheet or parchment paper (clean-up will be easier). Discard of the onions. Bake about 35 minutes until skins of drumsticks become crispy (baking time may slightly vary, depending on the size of drumsticks).
- Coat drumsticks generously with barbecue sauce. Return to oven. Bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately.