This delicious and easy Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe is the ultimate dinner idea! Tender and juicy chicken in a flavor-packed lemon garlic butter sauce made in a one-pan with green beans and mushrooms.
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN-
We love this EASY 30-minute dinner recipe! Tender and a juicy seasoned chicken breast smothered in a butter garlic sauce with mushrooms and green beans, SO GOOD! We love to serve this dish with a side of Mashed Potatoes to complete the meal!
The ingredients for the Lemon Garlic Chicken are so simple yet result in the most amazing chicken dinner!
- Chicken– Your favorite chicken will work.
- Mushrooms– White or portobello mushrooms will work. You can also just leave out the mushrooms.
- Green Beans– We love adding green beans to this recipe, you can use either fresh or canned green beans.
- Lemon Butter Sauce– For the sauce, we combined together butter, garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Seasoning– We use our favorite seasoning for the chicken: salt, pepper, paprika, parsley and red pepper flakes. If we have our Chicken Seasoning on hand, we substitute for that as well sometimes!
HOW TO MAKE LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN-
In just 30 minutes, you can have this hearty and delicious dinner recipe ready to be enjoyed!
- Prep– Cut the chicken into tenderloins and season on all sides.
- Green Beans– Boil the green beans in water for about 10 minutes, drain and set aside. Don’t boil if using canned beans.
- Cook Chicken– In a skillet, saute the chicken with oil until the chicken is crispy and cooked. Remove from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Saute Mushrooms– In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms until browned and lightly season. Remove the mushrooms from the skillet.
- Sauce– In the skillet add butter and garlic and cook until fragrant. Add in the rest of the sauce ingredients and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Combine– Add the cooked chicken, mushrooms and tender green beans to the sauce and cook until reheated.
- Serve– Serve with desired side dishes and enjoy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
The chicken cooked internal temperature should reach 165°F on a thermometer.
You can use boneless skinless chicken breast, chicken thighs, or chicken tenderloins. You can also use bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks, but the cooking time will be longer.
Yes! Boil the asparagus for about 2-3 minutes for thin asparagus, 4-5 minutes for medium-sized asparagus, and 5-7 minutes for thicker asparagus.
Just reheat it on the stovetop in a skillet or in the microwave.
No! You can also keep the chicken breast whole or slice it in half if you don’t want it as tenders. If keeping the chicken whole, beat until even in thickness and cook longer.
The red pepper flakes do give some heat to the dish. It’s not overly spicy but it does have a slight “kick”. Add fewer pepper flakes if you don’t like your food spicy or more if you want the dish with a lot of heat.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GARLIC LEMON CHICKEN-
Serve this easy chicken dinner with any of your favorite side dishes! We love serving with a simple side dish. Here are our favorite options:
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Dinner Rolls
- French Fries
- Classic Baked Potato
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Ham & Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Buttermilk Crispy Chicken
- Easy Chicken Parmesan
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast
- Creamy Poppyseed Chicken
30 Minute One Pan Lemon Chicken Breast
- Align the green beans with the stem facing in one direction and trim stems.
- Add green beans to a saucepan. Cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain beans and cover to keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into tenderloins or just cut in half. Season the chicken breast, set aside the remaining seasoning.
- In a skillet, heat oil. Add chicken and cook over med/high heat until both sides are golden. Turn heat down and cook an additional 6-8 minutes so the chicken becomes tender.
- Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Add the quartered mushrooms to the skillet. Saute until browned, lightly season and remove from skillet.
- In the skillet, melt the butter and add minced garlic. Cook for about 1 minute. Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice, cornstarch. and the leftover seasoning.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until it thickens. Add the chicken, green beans, and mushrooms back to the skillet. Smother in the sauce and cook to reheat.
- Serve and Enjoy.