A quick and easy copycat recipe for Olive Garden Chicken Marsala Recipe. Crispy breaded chicken cutlets in a rich and creamy mushroom marsala wine sauce.
Serve the chicken marsala with homemade breadsticks for a complete meal.
OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN MARSALA-
This SIMPLE 30-minute Italian dish is our favorite! From the tender crispy chicken to the creamy marsala wine sauce and mushrooms, this recipe is absolutely delicious!
There are several dishes that pair great with this simple yet hearty dish. Here are some of our favorite sides to serve with this dish:
- PASTA– This chicken marsala is GREAT when serving over tender and buttery noodles.
- RICE– You can serve the chicken with our classic rice.
- POTATO– Mashed potatoes are the classic way to enjoy chicken marsala.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MARSALA-
This classic dish is so easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes.
- CHICKEN– Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise.
- BREADING– Add all of the ingredients for the breading into a bowl and coat the chicken in the breading.
- COOK– In a deep skillet, heat oil until hot on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook until fully cooked and crispy. Remove from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- MUSHROOMS– Using the same skillet, saute the mushrooms with oil until fully cooked.
- CREAMY SAUCE– Add in the butter and garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant. Pour in the wine, broth, salt, and pepper and mix to combine. Simmer on medium heat for about 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Whisk in the heavy cream and simmer for another minute.
- ADD CHICKEN– Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and cover with mushrooms and the sauce. Cook until chicken is reheated and sauce thickens completely.
- SERVE– Top with fresh herbs and serve.
|Chef’s Tip: The flour from the chicken will thicken the sauce once the chicken is added back into the mushroom sauce.|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
We like chicken breast for the marsala recipe. You can purchase tenderloins or even use chicken thighs if that is all you have left.
Any marsala wine will be for this recipe. It doesn’t have to be an expensive brand.
Yes! Just cook the chicken according to instructions. Cook the marsala mushroom sauce and keep it separate. Once ready to serve, add the chicken to the sauce and cook until both are reheated.
Reheat over low heat until reheated.
You can substitute for milk or half and a half but you’ll need to add flour as a thickener or the sauce will be runny.
Keep chicken marsala refrigerated if there are any leftovers.
More Chicken Recipes-
Chicken is by far our favorite protein to cook with. Here are some of our favorite recipes with chicken:
- Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Juicy Air Fryer Chicken
- Ham & Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Classic Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Poppyseed Chicken
Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 3 Tbsp oil
Make Breaded Chicken-
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Lightly beat chicken until even in thickness.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder and salt. Generously coat the chicken cutlets in the chicken breading.
- In a skillet, heat 3 Tbsp oil over medium high. Once hot, cook the chicken flipping halfway, cook 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and set aside and cover to keep warm.
Make Marsala Wine Sauce-
- Using the same pan, saute the mushrooms with 1 tsp oil in until browned.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter and garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the wine, broth, salt, pepper and simmer about 2 minutes, on medium heat until sauce starts to thickens.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream, simmer for another minute over medium heat.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and cover with the mushrooms marsala wine. Cook until chicken is reheated.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Enjoy, friends.