A delicious and EASY Lemon Chicken Recipe ready in under 30 minutes! Crispy parmesan-crusted chicken smothered in the BEST garlic lemon butter sauce that brings you the ultimate chicken dish.
LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE-
This delicious and simple parmesan-crusted chicken dinner is so easy to make! The tender, crispy and juicy chicken breast smothered in a flavor-packed lemon garlic butter sauce, so good! This is the perfect dinner idea for busy weeknights and the entire family will LOVE this dish.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CHICKEN-
You can have this EASY chicken dinner ready in no time with just a few simple ingredients!
- PREP CHICKEN– Cut the chicken lengthwise and beat until even in thickness. In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the egg mixture. In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the parmesan mixture.
- COAT CHICKEN– Coat the chicken in the egg mixture, then fully coat the dredged chicken in parmesan mixture.
- SAUTE CHICKEN– In a skillet, heat oil on high heat. Once hot, add the breaded chicken and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side or until golden on medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the skillet, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- LEMON BUTTER SAUCE– In the same skillet, saute the garlic and butter until fragrant. Whisk in the lemon juice, chicken broth, and seasoning and allow to cook over medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
- ADD CHICKEN BACK– Add the crispy chicken back into the lemon butter sauce and cook for about 4-5 minutes, flipping the chicken. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy.
|CHEF’S TIP-For a quicker and faster cook time, prepare the garlic butter sauce in a saucepan or skillet while the chicken is cooking. Once the chicken is cooked just pour the sauce over the chicken and serve!|
There are several different ways you can enjoy the lemon garlic chicken! Here are some of our favorite ways.
- Serve with a side of fluffy baked rice.
- We love enjoying this recipe with some tender egg noodles.
- As a side serve this recipe with some roasted vegetables!
- Enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes, baked potato or oven baked french fries.
- Serve with a side of salad.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, you can cut the chicken and add it to the egg mixture and marinate overnight. When ready to serve, finish the rest of the recipe and enjoy!
You can use chicken breast, chicken thighs, and even chicken tenderloins for the recipe.
The chicken cooked internal temperature should reach 165°F on a thermometer.
Yes! Just season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and sauté with oil and drizzle in the lemon sauce.
You can reheat the lemon chicken in the oven or in a skillet until warm.
This recipe is great, especially when adding veggies to the dish! You can add vegetables to complete the dish. Asparagus, green beans, and zucchini will all go great with the lemon sauce and compliment the chicken
More Chicken Recipes-
- Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Scampi
- Pan Seared Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless (2 large), patted dry with paper towels
- 1 Tbsp olive oil to saute
- 1 Tbsp parsley to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 lemon sliced for garnish (optional)
Lemon Butter Sauce-
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise and then beat with a meat mallet until all the chicken slices are even in thickness.
- Combine all the ingredients for the egg mixture and add the chicken into the mixtue and allow to marinate.
- Meanwhile, in a seperate bowl, combine the ingredients for the parmesan mixture. Dredge the marianted chicken breasts into the parmesan mixture.
- In a deep skillet, add oil and allow to heat on how medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot add the breaded chicken breasts and cook about 4-5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked and crispy.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet and cover to keep warm. Add butter and garlic the skillet and cook until fragrant. Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice and seasoning and bring to a simmer. Cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast back into the sauce and cook until the chicken is reheat. Garnish with lemon slices and freshly chopped parsley and serve.
NOTE: Recipe developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.