This Crack Chicken Recipe using a pressure cooker is so delish. Chicken breast with cream cheese and seasonings, loaded with grated cheese and cooked in an instant pot.!
This chicken and our Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken are wonderful recipes for potlucks or lazy dinners that require minimal prep time!
What is Crack Chicken?
Crack Chicken isn’t the most appealing name for the recipe but it suits this recipe perfectly. The recipe gets its name for being SOO addictive. You just cannot stop eating it.
Pull-apart tender chicken breast in a cheesy seasoned cream cheese mixture. Served with homemade coleslaw on a bun.
How to make Crack Chicken-
This recipe is so easy to make that it’s almost too embarrassing to have a recipe for it! If you’ve not yet tried this. It’s PHENOMENAL!
- Grease instant pot with oil or butter.
- Add whole chicken breasts to pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the cream cheese.
- Spread the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Top with cubed butter.
- Cook chicken and release with a quick release of pressure.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks.
- Add back to the instant pot, add the shredded cheese and mix everything with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Close the lid and allow the cheese to melt completely.
- Serve immediately.
How to serve Creamy Pulled Chicken-
This amazing creamy chicken may be served as a sandwich with homemade coleslaw. It may also be served over mashed potatoes, or even as a side with buttered pasta. You may also have the chicken with tortillas, add lettuce and serve it as chicken tacos or quesadilla.
Can Crack Chicken be frozen?
Yes, this pull-apart chicken may be frozen. Keep it in an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw and reheat on low heat in a saucepan to serve.
TOOLS used to make this recipe: This is the INSTANT POT we have and love. 🙂
How to Make Slow Cooker Crack Chicken?
If anyone doesn’t have a pressure cooker and wants to use a slow cooker instead, here’s how to make slow cooker crack chicken.
- Prepare recipe per instruction and place into a slow cooker (Crock Pot).
- Cook on high 4 hours, cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Add the grated cheese and mix well.
- Close slow cooker and continue cooking 15-30 minutes, or until cheese completely melts.
(I hope you enjoyed this amazing Instant Pot Chicken Recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make it, #ValentinasCorner.)
GETTING TO KNOW YOU: What’s your favorite Instant Pot recipe? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. 🙂
An easy and quick recipe for Crack Chicken. Pull-apart chicken breast with cream cheese and seasonings, loaded with grated cheese and cooked in an instant pot.
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast (3 breasts)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheese (see Note)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2 cups slaw mix
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- dash pepper and salt
Place chicken breast into an instant pot.
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cream cheese mixture.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the chicken breast. Add the cubed butter.
Close lid and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes with a quick release of pressure.
Remove chicken and with two forks pull apart the chicken. (Keep lid covered so the remaining ingredients stay warm.)
Add chicken back to instant pot, add shredded cheese and mix.
Combine all the ingredients for the coleslaw.
Add a generous portion of the pulled chicken onto a bun, top with coleslaw.
Cheese: Colby Jack, Four Cheese, Mexican or a blend of Mozzarella and Mild Cheddar may be used.