This (under 30 minutes) Smothered Pork Chops in a Mushroom Sauce recipe is so easy to make. Pork chops pan-seared and smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce, perfect for busy evenings.
Serve the easy pork chops with dinner rolls and a hearty salad!
smothered pork chops-
You cannot go wrong with a one-pan dinner, so easy to make and fewer dishes to clean up. This one-pan dish is amazing! Boneless (or bone-in) pork chops seasoned and seared in a skillet, then cooked in the most deliciously rich and creamy garlic mushroom sauce. This recipe totally feels fancy and taste just as amazing.
Pork is so versatile and can be cooked using many different methods. Whether grilling kabobs, or baking the meat with feta, or pan-seared in a skillet, the possibilities are endless.
how to make pork chops-
- MEAT: Season the pork chops and pan sear until golden in color on both sides. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- MUSHROOMS: Clean and slice mushrooms. Saute the mushroom, add the onion and garlic, cook until tender.
- SAUCE: Whisk in the flour until dissolved. Pour in the broth, heavy whipping cream, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- COOK: Add the pork chops back to skillet and cover with the mushrooms sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Top with chopped parsley.
NOTE: The hot sauce just gives the sauce a kick and isn’t overly spicy. You can add less or more of the hot sauce to the desired spiciness.
can I substitute for bone-in pork chops?
Yes, bone-in pork chops will work just as great (and usually are juicier than boneless). Be sure to cook the bone-in chops an additional 2-3 minutes longer per side, depending on the thickness of the meat. For thicker cuts, you’ll want to cook even longer. The safest method would be to check the internal temp of the meat, it should read 145°F.
Enjoy the easy pork chops with a side of mashed potatoes and be prepared to be wowed!
try these other dinner ideas:
- Chicken Marsala– for those that like mushrooms!
- Ukrainian Kotleti– classic dish.
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie– a family favorite.
- Creamy Vegetable Tilapia– you won’t believe the flavors!
Smothered Pork Chops in a Mushroom Sauce
- 1 lb boneless pork chops, about 1/2" thick (4 pork chops)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tsp olive oil (or canola oil) divided
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Lightly season the pork chops with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides. Slice mushrooms and finely chop the onions.
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp butter and 1 tsp oil over medium/high heat. Once hot, sear the pork chops about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and crispy on both sides. Remove pork chops from pan and cover to keep them warm.
- In the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp butter and the sliced mushrooms. Saute for about 2 minutes until cooked, stirring as needed. Add in another tablespoon of butter and chopped onions. Cook until onions are tender.
- Add in the minced garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and mix vigorously until combined.
- Pour in the chicken broth, whipping cream, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes, until the cream starts to thicken.
- Add the pork chops back to the skillet and dredge with the mushrooms and sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5-8 minutes, until the pork chops to become tender.
- Garnish with greens and Enjoy!
NOTE: Recipe developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.