Recipe for Cauliflower Broccoli Salad Recipe with a sweet and savory homemade dressing. Fresh cauliflower and broccoli florets with crispy bacon pieces, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and cheddar cheese.
This easy broccoli salad is the best kind of salad for potlucks, parties and family gatherings and especially around the Holidays! It doesn’t get soggy quickly and will be a hit with kids and adults alike!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This creamy broccoli salad recipe served cold is so ADDICTIVE! The raw cauliflower and broccoli with cheddar cheese and crunchy sunflower seeds and craisins is such an unexpected yet perfect sweet and savory combination.
Do I need to cook broccoli or cauliflower?
No! For this broccoli salad with bacon, the broccoli and cauliflower are added to the recipe raw! When the sweet and savory dressing is added, it penetrated into the raw vegetables and they become creamy and so flavorful and rather enjoyable uncooked.
Can I substitute the ingredients?
Even though the salad is great as is, you can substitute the craisins for raisins or dried cherries. The sunflower seeds may be substituted for sliced almonds.
If you don’t like cheese, leave it out completely. The grated cheese may be substituted for finely cubed mild cheddar cheese.
How to make this Cauliflower Broccoli Salad Recipe-
- Cook bacon pieces, set aside to cool completely.
- Next cut broccoli and cauliflower into small florets.
- Grate or a block or cheddar cheese. Or use pre-shredded cheese.
- Then finely chop the red onion.
- Prepare the homemade dressing by combining the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar.
- Lastly, combine all of the ingredients and enjoy!
Also, I just ordered this set of salad bowls and love them.
Can you prepare this broccoli salad ahead of time?
This is a great make-ahead salad. Prepare everything per instructions and refrigerate the salad cover, keep dressing in a separate container. Then just combine dressing with the salad right before serving and enjoy.
Other favorite SALAD recipes to try:
- Broccoli Salad– A twist off of this salad recipe!
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad– The perfect salad for picnics!
- Bacon Cauliflower Salad– For the bacon lovers.
- Light Crab Salad – The best crab salad!
Cauliflower Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 3 cups raw cauliflower, small florets
- 3 cups raw broccoli, small florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mild cheddar, grated
- 1/2 pack bacon, chopped & cooked (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- Cook bacon pieces, set onto a paper towel to cool.
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into small florets. Finely chop onion.
- Prepare the homemade salad dressing. Combine the mayo, sugar, and vinegar.
- In a bowl add the broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, sunflower seeds, cranberries, bacon and red onion. Add dressing. Combine well and enjoy!