Amazing homemade Broccoli Salad Recipe. The sweet and savory combination is wonderful as the broccoli florets come together with the almonds, bacon, craisins and sunflower seeds in a creamy homemade dressing.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
easy broccoli salad recipe-
This cold broccoli salad is great!! Not only is it delicious, but it also comes together really quickly and is the perfect salad to prep in advance. The salad is packed with so many flavors and textures. Raw broccoli florets with bacon bits, crunchy almond slices and sunflower seeds in the easiest sweet and tangy creamy homemade dressing.
tips on how to make broccoli salad-
- When chopping the broccoli florets, be sure they are all bite-sized uniform pieces.
- The bacon may be cooked in pieces in a skillet on the stove top. You can also bake the bacon in the oven, then chop them into smaller pieces. Once cooked, add bacon to a bowl with a lined paper towel so the grease drains.
- You can add more sugar to the dressing if desired.
do I cook the broccoli?
No, raw broccoli is great in this recipe. The homemade dressing softens the broccoli florets and it’s a perfect crunchy salad.
can I prepare the salad in advance?
This salad and the dressing may be prepared in advance and kept refrigerated overnight. I sometimes make a double portion and have a salad to put in for my husband’s lunch for a few days. NOTE: The salad will keep fresh up to 3 days in the refrigerated covered.
how do I store broccoli salad?
Broccoli salad is best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerater.
Bring the broccoli salad to your next party, it will be a huge HIT! We always get rave reviews and everyone asks for the recipe. 🙂
Try these other broccoli recipes:
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup– Classic soup recipe with a twist.
- Chicken Broccoli Recipe– Hearty loaded casserole.
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 3 cups broccoli florets, raw
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Cut broccoli into medium uniform florets. Finely chop the onion.
- Prepare the dressing; whisk together the mayo, sugar and vinegar until creamy.
- Combine all of the ingredients. Mix well.