The easiest Broccoli Bacon Salad Recipe loaded with so much flavor and texture. The combination of broccoli florets with bacon mixed with our homemade creamy dressing is truly amazing.
This salad along with broccoli cauliflower is our favorite side dish to bring to a bbq or potluck – always a hit.
BROCCOLI BACON SALAD-
This hearty broccoli and bacon salad not only tastes amazing but is so easy to make. All the flavors combined with the broccoli salad dressing make for such a great salad recipe. Raw broccoli florets with bacon bits, crunchy almond slices, cheddar cheese, red onion, and sunflower seeds in the easiest sweet and tangy creamy mayo dressing.
The salad has a wonderful crunch and crisp from the amazing combination of the ingredients.
- BROCCOLI– You want fresh broccoli cut into even sized medium florets.
- NUTS– We use sliced almonds and sunflower kernels but you can use your favorite nuts and seeds, such as walnuts, pecans, and pumpkin seeds.
- RED ONION– Finely chopped red onion or sweet onion will do for this salad.
- BACON– Cooked bacon pieces or bacon bits will work great for this recipe.
- DRIED FRUIT– We love using dried craisins but you can also use dried raisins, cranberries, cheries, or any other dried fruit you would like.
- BROCCOLI SALAD DRESSING– A creamy homemade broccoli salad dressing that brings this salad together!
BROCCOLI SALAD DRESSING-
The dressing for this hearty broccoli salad is SO GOOD! All you need is to combine the 3 simple ingredients and it’s ready!
- MAYO– the mayonnaise is the base for this dressing, you can use classic Hellman’s mayonnaise. If you’re watching your cholesterol, plain Greek yogurt is a good substitute. Though I don’t like miracle whip, if you use it, feel free to substitute for mayo.
- GRANULATED SUGAR– The sugar is a sweetener for the dressing. Honey may be used instead.
- WHITE VINEGAR– The vinegar gives the dressing acidity and tanginess. You can substitute for lemon juice or apple cider vinegar (to taste).
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayo, sugar and vinegar until sugar dissolves.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BROCCOLI SALAD-
With just a few simple steps you can have this hearty broccoli bacon salad recipe ready to enjoy!
- BACON– Cook the bacon until cooked and cut into small bite sized pieces. You can use our air-fryer bacon as well.
- PREP– Cut the broccoli into even-sized florets and finely chop the onion. (TIP: When chopping the broccoli florets, be sure they are all bite-sized uniform pieces.)
- DRESSING– Combine all the ingredients for the dressing, before serving the salad.
- ASSEMBLE– Add all the broccoli mixture into a large bowl and toss to combine. Pour dressing over every and stir until combined. Add freshly ground black pepper before serving the salad, optional.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You may definitely add chicken as protein to the salad recipe. This is a great way to use leftover chicken.
This salad and the dressing may be prepared in advance and kept refrigerated overnight.
If you have leftovers, the salad will keep fresh for up to 3 days in the refrigerated, covered.
Broccoli salad is best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
No, raw broccoli is great in this recipe. The homemade dressing softens the broccoli florets and it’s a perfect crunchy salad. The best part, uncooked broccoli retains more fiber.
The broccoli stems are very nutritious so you can chop them up and use them in the salad. But you can also just discard the stems.
Try these other delicious salads-
Broccoli Bacon Salad
- 3 cups broccoli florets, raw
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Cut broccoli into medium uniform florets. Finely chop the onion.
- Prepare the dressing; whisk together the mayo, sugar and vinegar until creamy.
- Combine all of the ingredients. Mix well.