Amazing Broccoli Salad Recipe. The sweet and savory combination is wonderful as the broccoli florets come together with the almonds, bacon, craisins and sunflower seeds. This is the perfect recipe for potlucks.
Try this Broccoli Cabbage Salad.
broccoli salad recipe-
If someone would have told me 5 years ago I would be eating raw broccoli I would have never believed them, lol. Here I am now, loving raw broccoli with just about anything!!:) This broccoli salad is a great idea if you really don’t have time to go all out. It’s light, easy to do and tastes great.!. I absolutely love the flavor of the broccoli with bacon, almonds, sunflower seed and in the homemade dressing. An unexpected kind of good.
The salad is crunchy from the bacon pieces with almonds and sunflower seeds. However, the dressing penetrates and adds so much flavor and gives balance to the recipe. It’s a sweet and tangy meets savory kind of salad. So unexpected and wonderful.
easy broccoli salad-
This salad is such an easy salad to make. The salad has simple ingredients and little prep time. This salad is a popular salad when we get together for ladies evening or potluck.
I love that this salad can be made in advance and even the night before. Then, just add the dressing right before serving, mix and it’s ready to enjoy! Since all you have to do is cook the bacon, chop the broccoli and onion, you can have everything done is under 15 minutes. The homemade sweet and tangy dressing is so quick as well. So easy and a KEEPER!
broccoli salad with bacon-
The bacon in this salad makes the flavors oh so much better. I believe that bacon makes everything taste so much better, please tell me you agree. Totally doing a bacon dance here!
Crispy bacon bits in salad take the salad to a whole new level of wonderful. Like happy kind of wonderful. This broccoli salad just wouldn’t be as wonderful if bacon wasn’t a part of this awesomeness. #EatMoreBacon
Can I prepare the salad in advance?
This salad and the dressing may be prepared in advance. You can keep it refrigerated overnight. I sometimes make a double portion and have a salad to put in for my husband’s lunch for a few days.
tips on how to make broccoli salad
- When chopping the broccoli florets, be sure they are all bite-sized pieces.
- The bacon may be cooked in pieces in a skillet on the stove top. You can also bake the bacon in the oven, then chop them into smaller pieces. Once cooked, add bacon to a bowl with a lined paper towel so the grease drains.
- You can add more sugar to the dressing if desired.
Do I have to cook broccoli?
No, raw broccoli is great in this recipe. The homemade dressing softens the broccoli florets and it’s a perfect crunchy salad.
Try these other recipes:
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup- A combination of chicken, broccoli, onions, carrots, and cheese.
- Chicken and Broccoli Puffs- Pillsbury crescent rolls filled with chicken, broccoli, and cheese.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Cook bacon.
- Cut broccoli into small florets. Chop the onion. Add to a bowl.
- Prepare the dressing. Combine mayo, sugar and vinegar.
- Combine all of the ingredients. Mix well.