This Spinach Quinoa Salad Recipe is everything you could ask for in a salad. The salad is so crisp and refreshing and packed with healthy ingredients. Fresh spinach with quinoa, bacon, avocado tossed in a garlic vinaigrette dressing that takes the salad over the top.
Not only does quinoa have so many health benefits and is considered a superfood, but it also adds so much texture to the salad.
Fresh spinach with cooked quinoa, avocado and bacon mixed with the homemade dressing is an amazing salad recipe indeed.
All you need is just a few ingredients to make this delicious spinach quinoa salad.
- Spinach– One of the key ingredients for this salad is fresh baby spinach!
- Bacon– We love using our Air Fryer Bacon for perfectly cooked bacon.
- Tomatoes– You can use either chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes for this salad.
- Red Onion– Finely sliced onion works best for this recipe but you can also use sweet onion.
- Quinoa– Quinoa is another key ingredient for this salad. Be sure to use a good quality quinoa.
- Avocado– Be sure to use a fresh avocado for this salad.
- Feta Cheese– Crumbled feta cheese brings this salad all together!
- Dressing– We make a delicious homemade dressing! We use oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
HOW TO MAKE QUINOA SALAD RECIPE-
- Prepare the salad dressing.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions, set aside to cool.
- Cook bacon, set aside to cool.
- Slice or cube the red onion and cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut avocado into thin slices or cubes.
- Add everything to a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss again.
- Enjoy friends.
Can I Make the Salad in Advance?
Yes, the salad may be prepared up to one day advance, just DON’T mix the salad. Prepare salad per instructions and the dressing, keep the dressing separately. Before serving add dressing and toss to combine.
What Kind of Oil Can I Use?
You can use your favorite oil. Olive oil, grapeseed, avocado oil or walnut oil may all be used.
MORE SALADS TO TRY-
- Easy Macaroni Salad
- Kale Salad Recipe
- Broccoli Bacon Salad
- Classic Caesar Salad
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Classic Egg Salad
Spinach Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse quinoa and cook according to package instructions. Mine took about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the bacon using the desired method.
- Slice onion into thin slices. Halve tomatoes. Once bacon is cooled, pat with a paper towel and cut into small pieces.
- Prepare Vinaigrette: Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, salt and pepper. Mix vigorously. Add minced garlic before serving and give it a quick whisk.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, add Vinaigrette dressing and combine. So good!.
I wanted to give a special thank you to my friend, Galina, for sharing this salad recipe with me. Thank you BUNCHES! It’s delicious and is a keeper recipe. 🙂