A classic Egg Salad recipe that makes for a great side dish for any occasion! Hard-boiled eggs mixed with celery, red onion, chives and then tossed in a creamy homemade dressing.
This egg salad is one of our favorite ways to enjoy boiling eggs (aside from deviled eggs, of course).
This creamy egg salad is great to make with left-over Easter eggs! Just whip up this salad and enjoy.
We love that the salad may be served in different ways. Enjoy the salad as a side dish serving it as a salad, turn it into a sandwich, or even on toast.
Although this recipe calls for simple ingredients, you can spice up your salad by adding different toppings such as:
- PROTEIN– add crispy bacon or shredded chicken.
- VEGGIES– the recipe calls for celery and red onion but you can add cubed pepper, cucumbers, or even carrots.
- AVOCADO– adding avocado is my favorite! You can add chunks in the salad or even blend some with the dressing to replace some mayo.
|When adding different ingredients to the salad you will want to prepare a larger portion of the salad dressing.|
HOW TO MAKE EGG SALAD-
- Cook eggs: Boil and peel cooked eggs and chop.
- Cut everything: Chop eggs into desired sizes (we like our chunky). Finely chop celery, chives, red onion, and dill into a serving bowl.
- Prepare the dressing: Combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Mix everything: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! You can prepare everything in advance, just don’t mix with the dressing until ready to serve.
If you store the egg salad in an airtight container in the fridge, the salad can last 3-4 days.
Yes you can, just add the eggs into the instant pot and cover with water. Cook on high pressure for about 10-11 minutes. Release pressure and then transfer eggs to an ice bath.
For easy peeling the secret is to add a dash of salt and splash of vinegar to the water before cooking. Then you want to make sure you ice bath the eggs.
I hope this classic egg salad becomes a new favorite!
Other Recipes with Boiled Eggs:
- Macaroni Salad
- Tortilla Crab Wheels
- Cobb Salad
- Tuna & Egg Canapes
- Spinach Salad with Chicken
- Avocado Tuna Sandwich
- Shuba Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
Classic Egg Salad Recipe
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp celery finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp dill chopped
- 3 Tbsp chives chopped
- Add 8 eggs to a pot and cover the eggs with water. Cook on high heat, once the water in boiling cook the eggs for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and add them into an ice bath in a bowl.
- Once the eggs have cooked peel and rinse off any loose shells.
- Chop up the eggs and add them to your serving bowl. Add in the finely chopped celery, red onion, dill, and chives.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients for the egg salad dressing. Add the dressing to the salad and toss until combined.
- Top with extra chives and serve.
NOTE: Recipe developed by Valentina’s Corner, and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.