These Tortilla Crab Wheels are loaded with crab, cucumber and egg. They pinwheels make a great appetizer or side dish. Made in under ten minutes, these crab tortilla rolls ups are so simple and delicious.
My hubby was raised in Uzbekistan so he was used to their culture and foods. When my mother-in-law would come stay with us she would cook and bake by their recipes. Using ingredients I never even heard. I really wanted to pick up some recipes so I could make something that tasted like home for my hubby. This was probably the first recipe I picked up from her. Though it’s super easy to make, I still felt like it was quite the accomplishment to serve something he was used to having back home.
My hubby and I really love crab, so what I like to do is add more crab than the recipe calls for. So for those of you that love crab, try adding more. 🙂
These Tortilla Crab Wheels recipe serves as a great appetizer or side dish if you are having a gathering. You can prepare the filling a day or two in advance and refrigerate it until the day of the party. Then, all you have to do is make the wheels and you have a great dish to serve. These crab wheels will be a hit at your next gathering.
INGREDIENTS for CRAB TORTILLA WHEELS:
- crab meat (canned or imitation crab)
- boiled eggs
- fresh dill
- salt & pepper
WHAT KIND OF CRAB CAN I USE?
This recipe calls for crab meat. Though I used imitation crab, using canned crab meat or cooking crab and using the meat is also a great idea.
These pinwheels taste best when they are cold, so, keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them. Just wrap the tortilla crab wheel tightly in plastic wrap and then refrigerate. The wheel can stay in the refrigerator great overnight.
OTHER GREAT CRAB RECIPES:
- Creamy Crab Dip– a dip recipe with a hint of jalapeños, peppers, and celery. A great recipe for parties, ladies night or even potlucks.
- Crab Stuffed Salmon– salmon with a Parmesan crab stuffing with crab, celery, breadcrumbs, cheese and mayo. Read the reviews!
- Crab and Cucumber Salad– a light and delicious salad recipe. Thin crab strips with cucumbers, topped with a spicy mayo dressing and panko breadcrumbs. So good!
These Crab Tortilla Wheels are great for any occasion. Hope you enjoyed this recipe!! Don’t forget to leave feedback, I love reading your comments.
Tortilla Crab Wheels
- 3 tortillas, burrito size
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 4 oz crab meat, cut finely
- 3/4 cup cucumbers
- 2 boiled eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp mayo, for top
- 3 Tbsp dill, divided
- Align the tortillas into a row and have them slightly overlapping.
- Distribute the mayo onto the tortillas.
- Cut the crab meat into thin slices. Place atop the mayo and evenly over the tortillas.
- Grate cucumbers. Spread evenly atop the rest of the ingredients.
- Grate the eggs with or chop finely with a knife. Spread atop the cucumbers.
- Season lightly with salt & pepper. Chop your dill. Add the dill.
- Start at one end of the tortillas and roll tightly to the end. Keep the end part as the bottom, so tortillas won’t come undone.
- Add mayo to top of tortillas. Add dill.
- Slice into 24 wheels and serve. (Great if serve fresh or refrigerated.)