Simple and delicious Crab Stuffed Salmon. Salmon with a Parmesan crab stuffing fill with crabs, celery, breadcrumbs, cheese, and mayo.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Salmon is a favorite dinner in our home. There are so many different ways to prepare with and so many things you can enjoy it with. So why not add a Parmesan crab stuffing to the mix? This recipe is so delicious and simple.If you are like me and like to get dinner out of the way earlier in the day this is great to prepare ahead of time. Prepare everything in advance and just bake before serving dinner.
prepare the salmon seasoning-
Add thyme and rosemary to a small bowl. With your fingers crush the herbs a bit to get them into smaller pieces. Add the pepper, salt, parsley flakes, mix. Then add the minced garlic, mix. Add the oil, mix.
Place the pieces of salmon into a 9″x13″ baking pan. Turn salmon upside down. Brush the bottom with the salmon seasoning.
Turn salmon back over and cut the salmon into four equal pieces. Make an opening in the middle of each salmon (don’t cut in half, crab stuffing will just fall apart). Distribute the rest of the salmon seasoning between the pieces of salmon. Add to sides as well as tops.
how to make stuffed salmon-
- Cut the crab meat into smaller pieces (don’t chop too thin though). Chop the celery into tiny pieces. Add all of the ingredients for the
- Add all of the ingredients for the crab stuffing to a bowl. Mix.
- Gently open salmon. Stuff completely with crab stuffing. Do this to all four pieces. Add the rest on top but keep the meat together in the middle. You can sprinkle some freshly grated pepper or parsley flakes atop the crab if you would like.
- Bake covered 15 minutes in preheated oven to 365°F.
- Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minute.
- DON’T over bake. Salmon will be too dry. Right before serving, pour melted butter over each salmon/crab.
Dig in. Oh but do share with your loved ones, it’s very tempting to just devour it all yourself. I know the feeling… Hehe;).
Crab Stuffed Salmon
- 2 lbs salmon
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salmon seasoning.
- Turn salmon upside down. Brush the bottom with the salmon seasoning.
- Flip the salmon upside down and with a pastry brush, brush the seasoning on the salmon.
- Turn the salmon right side up and cut the salmon into four fillets. Make an opening in the middle of each salmon (don’t cut in half, crab stuffing will just fall apart).
- Season the rest of the salmon with the remaining seasoning.
- Cut the crab into small pieces. Finely chop the celery.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crab stuffing a bowl.
- Open the salmon and stuff with the stuffing, repeat to all four fillets. Add the fillets into a baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Bake at 365°F for 15 minutes and an additional 15-20 minutes uncovered. Do not overbake the salmon.
- Top the stuffed salmon with melted butter and serve.