An easy recipe for Crab Stuffed Salmon! Juicy salmon fillet loaded with a cheesy crab filling. This is the ultimate stuffed salmon recipe!
This stuffed salmon recipe is such a simple yet delicious recipe! The tender and flakey salmon fillets stuffed with a creamy crab filling. This is a great dish to make when having guests or just for dinner on a weeknight.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED SALMON-
- Prep ingredients: You’ll want to chop the crab and finely chop the celery.
- Make the salmon stuffing: In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the stuffing. Mix the crab meat, celery, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, mayo, shredded cheese, pepper, and butter.
- Salmon seasoning: In a bowl combine the ingredients for the salmon seasoning. Combine the Italian seasoning, pepper, garlic, paprika, salt, and oil.
- Cut salmon: Take the salmon and slice it in the center about 3/4th of the way, you don’t want to cut all the way through.
- Season salmon: Generously brush the salmon with the seasoning on all the sides.
- Stuff salmon: Gentle open up the salmon and stuff it with the crab stuffing.
- Bake stuffed salmon: Cover the salmon with foil and bake. Remove the foil and finish baking.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Any crab will work in this recipe. Fresh crab, canned crab or imitation will work as well.
Cover the salmon with foil and bake until reheated.
No! You don’t want to cook with frozen salmon. Thaw the salmon overnight in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can use either skin on or skinless salmon for this recipe.
This recipe is great to make ahead of time. You can prepare the crab filling and stuff the salmon and refrigerate until ready to cook!
You can serve the salmon with your favorite side dish:
OTHER SALMON RECIPES:
Salmon is a great protein and very easy to work with and cooks quickly. Here are some of our favorite recipes:
- Baked Shrimp with Salmon
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Ranch Baked Salmon
- Baked Salmon with Salsa
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Salmon Yogurt Canapes
Crab Stuffed Salmon
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salmon seasoning.
- Cut the salmon into 3 fillets. Make a cut in the middle of each fillet, not cutting all the way through. Rub all sides of the fillets with the seasoning using a pastry brush.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped crab, chopped celery, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, mayo, shredded cheese, pepper, Italian seasoning and melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Open the salmon and stuff with the crab stuffing, repeat with all of the fillets. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 365°F for 10 minutes and an additional 10-15 minutes uncovered, until cheese melts. Do not overbake the salmon.