This under 30-minute healthy Roasted Vegetables Recipe is the best way to serve vegetables! Zucchini with peppers, cauliflower and broccoli in a Japanese inspired sauce, roasted until tender and flavorful. These oven roasted vegetables will become your favorite side to serve with dinner.
Try this Russian Chicken Vegetable Salad recipe using similar vegetables with a unique twist as a salad.
oven roasted vegetables-
You can roast pretty much all vegetables. However, the roasting time may be a little different, depending on the type of vegetable. The sauce and seasoning impact the outcome of the oven roasted vegetables. I just love how the broccoli tastes with the carrots, cauliflower and peppers in the Japanese inspired ginger soy sauce. It’s so addictive!
This sauce for the roasted vegetables is made with the perfect combination of oil, honey, soy sauce with grated ginger and garlic. SO GOOD!
how to roast vegetables-
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce. (Use a Microplane grater for the ginger and garlic.)
- Cut the vegetables into large pieces. Keep the carrots thin so they cook through along with the remaining vegetables.
- Pour the sauce over the ingredients and toss to combine.
- Spread the vegetable evenly in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until desired tenderness is reached.
what kind of vegetables may be roasted together?
- SOFT VEGETABLES like peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, onions, asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower may all be roasted together.
- ROOT VEGETABLES like carrots, potatoes and yams may be roasted together. They take longer to cook than the soft vegetables.
NOTE: Though you want to roast the soft vegetables and the root vegetables separately, if you cut the vegetables right, they may be roasted together. That’s what we did with this recipe (just be sure to keep the carrots thinner in size than the remaining ingredients or else they’ll be too hard).
can I substitute the vegetables?
Yes, you can totally substitute for a different vegetable if you’d like. Any of the additional soft vegetables would be a great substitute, just be sure to keep them cut the same in size.
can oven roasted vegetables be prepared ahead of time?
- Yes, you can prepare the vegetables up to one day in advance. Cut vegetables and season, place in a bowl or freezer bag into the refrigerator.
how to reheat roasted vegetables?
- You can reheat the vegetables covered with foil in the oven or add oil to a skillet and reheat on medium heat until heated.
I hope you love this recipe for healthy roasted vegetables in the oven. Don’t forget to leave us feedback if you prepare this side dish, we’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 1 cup medium cauliflower florets
- 1 cup medium broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into medium florets. Slice the pepper and zucchini into long strands. Julienned the carrots. Slice the onion. Add the vegetables in a large bowl, mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper for the sauce. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Evely spread vegetable in a baking sheet evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Toss and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until vegetables are desired tenderness.