These Honey Glazed Carrots make for the ultimate side dish. Soft and tender carrots tossed in honey and our delicious Garlic Butter Sauce, are so good.
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS-
These crispy yet tender glazed carrots will make for a great side dish for dinner, during the holidays, or on any occasion! Carrots are cut up and tossed in a honey garlic butter sauce, then roasted until crispy yet tender.
This recipe is so easy to make and all you need is just a few basic ingredients!
- Carrots – You can use either whole carrots or baby carrots for this recipe. We like to use whole carrots that are cut up into smaller pieces, you can also slice the carrots.
- Honey – We love the honey in this recipe, the sweetness of the honey combined with the butter sauce is delicious.
- Garlic butter sauce – We use a portion of our homemade Garlic Butter Sauce to toss the carrots in.
HOW TO MAKE GLAZED CARROTS-
With just 10 minutes of prep time, you can have these glazed carrots roasting in no time!
- Prep– Peel and cut the carrots and slice them into 1 ½ inch pieces, be sure they are uniform in size for even baking. Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Butter Sauce– Prepare a batch of garlic butter sauce in a saucepan.
- Add Honey– Add the sauce to a skillet and melt on medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, cook until the garlic is fragrant and then add the honey and mix until incorporated and melted.
- Toss– Add the carrots to the sauce and toss until well combined.
- Roast– Add the carrots to the lined baking sheet and bake until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
There is salt and black pepper in the garlic butter sauce. But you can also use any of your favorite seasonings.
Yes! Prepare the recipe according to instructions and add it to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the carrots are tender.
Yes, just prepare up to 2 days ahead of time and when ready just roast before ready to serve.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Yes, if you don’t like the sweetness in this recipe, you can just leave the honey out and use just the garlic butter sauce.
Once the carrots are cooked, when you pierce the carrots with a fork they will slide in and out smoothly.
Yes, you substitute honey for brown sugar! You want to use 1/3 cup brown sugar.
You can garnish with fresh thyme, cilantro, or curled fresh parsley.
We love to serve this side dish for dinner. Here are our favorite dinners to serve with these carrots:
- Baked Ham
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Fried Shrimp Recipe
- Grilled Pork Recipe
- Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2 lbs carrot
honey garlic butter sauce-
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter room temp
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- In a bowl, combine the softened butter, minced garlic, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Add the garlic butter to a skillet and melt on medium high heat. Once butter is melted, cook until the garlic is fragrant and then add the honey and mix until incorporated and melted.
- Add the carrots to the sauce and toss until well combined.
- Add the carrots to the lined baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!