This delicious smoked salmon appetizer recipe is the easiest appetizer! Crispy and crunchy homemade crostini topped with a creamy spread, smoked salmon, and cucumbers.
We love to serve this amazing appetizer for parties and events, it is always a hit!
Appetizers are a must for parties! From the Veggie Pizza to a good dip and even wings (air fryer or easy baked).
SMOKED SALMON APPETIZER-
This simple appetizer recipe comes together so quickly and is SO GOOD! The combination of flavors from the homemade crostini, cream cheese spread, smoked salmon, and toppings is truly amazing.
WHAT YOU NEED-
- CROSTINI– We used our homemade crostini recipe but you can also use store-bought crostini.
- SMOKED SALMON– You can use your favorite cold smoked salmon from the store.
- CREAM CHEESE SPREAD– A homemade creamy cream cheese spread that is loaded with flavors.
- TOPPINGS– Use your choice of favorite toppings, we love using cucumbers.
HOW TO MAKE SALMON APPETIZER-
You can have this easy salmon appetizer ready in no time!
- Make crostini: Make a batch of homemade crostini.
- Make spread: In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the creamy spread.
- Apply spread: Once the crostini is cooled, spread the spread over top of the crostini.
- Toppings: Top each crostini with smoked salmon pieces and desired toppings.
MAKING APPETIZER AHEAD OF TIME-
This recipe is great to make ahead of time.
- Prepare the crostini and store them in an air-tight container.
- Make the cream cheese spread and refrigerate.
- Prepare the toppings and store them in a container.
- When ready to serve just assemble the crostini and enjoy.
There are many different toppings you can use for this salmon crostini recipe. We love making this crostini recipe with a variety of toppings so there are options to choose from.
Here are some of our favorite toppings ideas:
- Red onion
- Fresh dill
TRY THESE OTHER SEAFOOD APPETIZERS-
Smoked Salmon Appetizer (Crostini)
- 1 recipe for crostini
- 12 oz smoked salmon
- desired toppings
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cream spread and set aside.
- Prepare one recipe of homemade crostini. Prepare all the desired toppings.
- Once the crostini is cooled, spread the cream cheese spread on the bread pieces, top with a piece of smoked salmon and top with desired toppings.Repeat with the remaining crostini pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!