This creamy Cold Crab Dip Recipe with a hint of jalapenos, peppers, celery in a creamy garlic cream cheese mixture is phenomenal. The dip is served cold and only takes 10 minutes to prepare from start to finish and can be prepared in advance.
If you’re looking to serve a the dip hot, this Hot Crab Dip Recipe is a must try!
COLD CRAB DIP recipe-
I love that the crab dip is served cold since you can make it ahead of time. It makes for a great appetizer for parties, family get-togethers or to keep refrigerated for yourself to enjoy through out the week.
- Crab– We used imitation crab meat for the dip.
- Jalapeno– Fresh or canned jalapeno will work.
- Celery– Finely chop the fresh celery.
- Bell pepper– I used red bell pepper since that’s what I had on hand but you can use any bell pepper.
- Base– For the base of the dip, we used sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
HOW TO MAKE EASY cold CRAB DIP recipe-
- Chop the crab – Finely chop or leave chunky.
- Chop veggies – Finely chop celery, jalapenos and red pepper.
- Base – In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix – Add cream cheese mixture to remaining ingredients. Mix well.
Chef’s Tip: If you like your food with a kick, add some Tabasco or Sriracha to the dip. I’m the only one that likes spicy so I just add drizzle some Sriracha over the dip in my plate.
WHAT KIND OF CRAB MEAT CAN I USE?
You can use your favorite crab meat. Imitation crab meat, canned crab or fresh crab meat may all be used.
You can serve this cold crab dip with your favorite dip side. Here are some of our favorite options:
- Bagel Crisps
- Tortilla Chips
This is the perfect dip to make ahead of time, especially if you are making it for a party.
- Refrigerator– Store the dip in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days, once mixed.
- Freezer– We don’t recommend freezing this dip.
More Dips to Try-
Creamy Cold Crab Dip Recipe
- 8 oz crab meat
- 6 canned jalapeno rings, finely chopped
- 1/3 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- tabasco or sriracha, optional
- serve with crackers, bagel crisps or tortilla chips
- Chop crab meat. Finely chop pepper, celery, and jalapenos.
- In a bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic, lightly season with salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together. Refrigerate until ready to be enjoyed.