This simple Hot Crab Dip is so easy to make and is so addictive! This creamy dip is loaded with crab meat, red pepper, corn, jalapenos, and loads of cheese, it is the ultimate appetizer recipe served with homemade Crostini or tortilla chips.
CREAMY HOT CRAB DIP-
We love serving this cheesy hot crab dip for parties and around the holidays! The crab meat combined with the corn, peppers, celery, jalapenos, and cheese comes together so well when baked, so GOOD!
WHAT YOU NEED-
The ingredients for this hot crab dip recipe are so basic, here is what we need for the dip:
- Crabmeat– We use imitation crab for this recipe but you can use fresh crab meat or canned lump crab meat.
- Celery– Finely chopped celery for extra flavor.
- Red Pepper– We love adding finely chopped red pepper for extra flavor.
- Jalapeno– Fresh or canned jalapenos will work great for this dip.
- Corn– Canned or fresh corn can be used for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese– You will need room temp or softened cream cheese for this dip.
- Mayonnaise– This gives you more creaminess.
- Sour Cream– Acts as a thinning agent for the cream cheese.
- Shredded Cheese– Any of your favorite shredded cheese will work great for this recipe. We like to use shredded colby jack, mild cheddar cheese, or Mexican blend.
- Seasoning– We like to season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add garlic powder for more flavor if you like!
|Chefs Tip– For an extra kick we like to add hot sauce to the dip!|
HOW TO MAKE HOT CRAB DIP RECIPE-
This dip recipe is so easy to prepare and can totally be ready to bake in just 10 minutes!
- Prep ingredients– Finely chop up the celery, red pepper, and jalapeno. Cube the crab meat or finely chop the crab meat.
- Combine– In a medium bowl, add the prepared crab, chopped veggies, corn, cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and shredded cheese and mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake– Transfer the crab dip mixture into a baking dish and bake until warmed and bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with crostini or chips.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, prepare this dip up to a day in advance and refrigerate. Once ready to bake, bake according to instructions.
We do not recommend freezing this crab dip. Store this crab dip in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yes, once combined add into the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours.
To reheat, add just add the casserole dish back to the oven and bake until reheated.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES:
Appetizers at a party or potluck are a must and we have some incredible recipes we love to serve, here are some ideas:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Smoked Salmon Appetizer
- Veggie Pizza Recipe
- Baked Chicken Wings
Hot Crab Dip with Cream Cheese
- 12 oz crab meat (canned, imitation, or fresh meat), chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn, fresh or canned
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Cube crab meat, depending on desired dip consistency. Finely chop celery stalk, pepper, and jalapeno. Combine all chopped ingredients in bowl. Add drained corn.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, mayo and sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cream cheese mixture and cheese to the vegetables/crab meat. Mix everything.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven to 355°F for about 25-35 minutes or until bubbly.