The recipe for this Hot Crab Dip will leave you oh so happy. The dip is loaded with crab meat, red pepper, corn, celery, cheese and jalapenos that add that perfect kick to it.
This crab dip that’s served hot is truly amazing. The crab combined with the cheeses, vegetables is so creamy and packed with so much flavor. Once baked, the cheeses melt and add so much richness to the dip.
how to make crab dip in a crockpot?
This recipe can easily be prepared in a crockpot.
Prepare per instructions and cook on low for 4 hours and 2 hours on high.
how to make crab dip-
This dip recipe is so easy to prepare and can be totally ready to bake in just 10 minutes!
Prep the ingredients- You’ll want to cube the crab desired chunks (tip: if you like a creamy dip, cube the crab meat into small pieces, for a chunky dip, cube the meat larger).
Prep cheesy mixture- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, and shredded cheese until well incorporated.
Mix and bake- Combine together all of the ingredients and bake until the cheese melts and everything starts to bubble and turns crispy and golden at the top of the dip.
what can I serve with hot crab dip?
Just like most dips, this hot crab dip is versatile. Here are some great options for serving:
Vegetables: Serve the dip with a mixture of vegetables. Celery, snap peas, carrots and cucumbers are all great options what to serve with the dip.
Chips: You can serve the dip with Tostitos, bagel crisps.
can I freeze crab dip?
This hot crab dip is not a good option for freezing as the cream doesn’t hold up well.
Try these other Appetizer recipes:
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower– Crunchy cauliflower with an amazing dipping sauce.
- Bang Bang Shrimp– Delicate shrimp with a spicy sauce.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip– The best chicken dip recipe!
- Spinach Cheese Ring– A delicious puff pastry appetizer with spinach.
Hot Crab Dip
- 16 oz crab meat (canned, imitation, or fresh meat)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 medium red pepper
- 1 large jalapeno
- 1 cup corn
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheese
- Cube crab meat, depending on desired dip consistency. Finely chop celery stalk, pepper, and jalapeno. Combine all chopped ingredients in bowl. Add drained corn.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, mayo and sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cream cheese mixture and cheese to the vegetables/crab meat. Mix everything.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven to 355°F for about 25-35 minutes.
- Slice baguette loaf into about 18-20 slices (depending how thin you want the slices).
- In a bowl combine olive oil, melted butter and garlic powder. Generously brush tops of baguette slices and bake in oven 8-12 minutes (the longer you toast them, the crispier they will become).