These cheesy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms make for the best appetizer! Juicy and flavorful mushroom caps loaded with a creamy crab filling that’s baked until cheesy and delicious.
Whenever we have a party, a good appetizer like these mushrooms is on the menu along with our Jalapeno Poppers.
CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS-
You can have these quick and easy crab-stuffed mushrooms ready in no time!
The mushroom caps are filled with a creamy crabmeat filling and then baked until cheesy and gooey – SO GOOD! We love making these as an appetizer for get-togethers, especially during the Holidays.
Here are the ingredients needed for the stuffed mushrooms:
- Mushrooms– Your favorite mushrooms, we like to use white button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms.
- Cream cheese– Cream cheese is what gives the creamy filling, be sure it’s at room temp.
- Mayo– This acts as the glue and keeps the filling together.
- Crab meat– You can use fresh claw crab meat, imitation crab, or canned lump crab meat.
- Panko crumbs– For this recipe we like to use panko crumbs but you can also use regular breadcrumbs or seasoned bread crumbs.
- Cheese– Any shredded cheese you have on hand will work. We like to use mild cheddar, colby jack, Mexican blend, or mozzarella cheese.
- Garlic– Freshly minced garlic or garlic powder will work!
- Herbs– We use fresh chopped parsley and chives for this recipe. You can also use your favorite fresh herbs instead.
- Seasoning– Salt and pepper for flavor! You can also add any other favorite seasonings to boost the flavors in the filling.
HOW TO MAKE CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS-
- Prep mushrooms– Clean mushrooms under cold water, do not soak in water and pat dry. Remove the stems by popping them off or gently cutting them off, creating a nice pocket for the filling.
- Filling– In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling.
- Prep– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven.
- Stuff mushrooms– Stuff the mushrooms with the creamy filling. Repeat with the rest of the filling, evenly distributing the filling among all the mushrooms. Add the mushrooms to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake– Bake the mushrooms until crispy and the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the mushroom with fresh greens and parmesan cheese and serve.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Once the mushrooms have cooled, add to an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-3 days.
Yes, these freeze great uncooked! Just freeze after stuffing and when ready to enjoy, cook straight from the freezer (just add a couple more minutes to the cooking time).
We do not recommend thawing them or the mushrooms will get soggy, so cook straight from the freezer.
We do NOT recommend freezing cooked stuffed mushrooms to avoid soggy mushrooms.
Yes, just stuff them and cover them tightly to avoid them from drying out and store them in the fridge. You can make these up to 4-5 hours ahead of time.
You can reheat the mushrooms in the oven, microwave, and in the air fryer.
Yes! Add the mushrooms to the air fryer basket and air fryer at 350°F for about 6-8 minutes until cooked.
You can use either white or brown mushrooms or even portobello mushrooms. We prefer medium or large mushrooms for the stuffing to fit!
Yes, you can use shrimp, ground sausage, or even bacon instead of crab meat!
You can use any shredded cheese you have on hand. We like to use Colby jack, mild cheddar, mozzarella, or Mexican blend.
Yes, you can add spinach to the crab meat filling for more flavor!
OTHER GREAT APPETIZERS-
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Smoked Salmon Appetizer
- Pico de Gallo
- Soft Pretzel Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Crab Dip
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 16 oz whole mushrooms white or portobello
stuffed mushroom filling-
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry. Remove the stem from the mushrooms to create a nice pocket for the filling.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, crab meat, panko breadcrumbs, chives, parsley, garlic shredded cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the creamy filling. Repeat with the rest of the filling, evenly distributing the filling among all the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms at 375°F for 18-20 minutes or until the mushrooms are crispy.
- Top the mushrooms with freshly grated parmesan and chopped greens and serve.