The perfect recipe for parties or a quick dinner! Chicken wrapped in bacon then coated in a brown sugar mixture and baked until caramelized.
Chicken is by far my favorite protein to cook with. The possibilities are endless and it’s usually so easy to work with and not much can go wrong.
Chicken wrapped in bacon then coated in a delicious seasoning and baked. The chicken becomes so juicy and tender and the bacon so crispy and the brown sugar mixture caramelizes and is a party in your mouth.
The recipe is so easy and fun to make with kids together.
Why You’ll LOVE This Recipe:
There are so many reasons to love these chicken bites wrapped in bacon.
- Loved by All- It’s that perfect recipe that kids and adults alike enjoy equally.
- Easy to Make- The recipe is ready to go into the oven in just 15 minutes!
- Versatile- This chicken may be enjoyed as an appetizer or a main entree.
What You’ll Need:
The ingredients for the tender chicken wrapped in bacon are so basic making this a recipe just about anyone can make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken: We used skinless chicken breast for the recipe but you can use chicken thighs or tenders as a substitute.
- Bacon: We used just original slices of bacon but thick bacon and thick-cut bacon may be used. Just keep in mind that thin bacon will cook quicker so thick-cut bacon will take a few minutes longer.
- Spices: The seasoning for the chicken that we combined was made up of brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder. The amount of each ingredient may be adjusted to personal liking with great results.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON-
- Start by lining a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easier cleanup. If you don’t have a large baking sheet, you can use two smaller ones.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized strips (or cubes). Note: You’ll want to make sure the pieces are uniform in size for even baking or else some will burn while others remain uncooked.
- Cut the bacon pieces in half and completely wrap the bacon around the chicken.
- In a deep bowl or baking dish, combine the brown sugar, paprika, ground pepper, garlic, and chili powder. You can add more or less of each spice to your personal taste. If you like your food spicy, add more chili powder.
- Coat the wrapped chicken in the brown sugar mixture and place it onto a baking sheet with the end of the bacon. Secure bacon with chicken.
- Bake until the chicken is fully cooked and the bacon crispy. Garnish with herbs before serving. Though optional, it really is aesthetically pleasing.
|Chef’s Tip: Remember, all ovens are different. The bake time will slightly vary depending on your oven and the size of the chicken.|
This chicken may easily be made up to 2 days in advance. Prepare per instructions and keep covered in the fridge. Then just bake before serving.
Freeze Uncooked- Prepare chicken per instruction and place it onto a plate to freeze. Once frozen transfer to a freezer-safe bag. Thaw overnight in the fridge then bake per instructions and enjoy.
If you have leftovers, this chicken is great to enjoy the next day.
- Fridge: Store in the refrigerator tightly covered for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: You can reheat the chicken in the oven or microwave until the chicken and bacon are reheated.
The bacon and chicken may be served in so many different ways, here are some of our favorites:
- As an appetizer- Serve with dips like our Spinach Artichoke or Smoked Salmon at parties.
- Entree- Enjoy the chicken as an entree with a side of Mashed Potatoes and Baked Asparagus.
- Salad- Leftovers may be enjoyed in your favorite salad instead of meat, like the Cobb Salad.
More Appetizers to Try:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Cut the bacon strips in half and the chicken breast into bite-size pieces.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken pieces. Generously coat chicken with the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Serve and Enjoy, Friends!