An easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe perfect for parties or a quick dinner! Chicken wrapped in bacon, coated in seasoned browned sugar and baked until caramelized.
I love easy recipes that taste amazing but are really quick to make and this bacon-wrapped chicken is just that. The chicken is cut into bite-sized pieces then completely wrapped with bacon and dredged in brown sugar that is seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, and pepper. The chicken becomes so juicy, the bacon crispy and the brown sugar caramelized and adds so much flavor to the chicken and bacon. The recipe truly is a treat for both a dinner entree or as an appetizer.
how to make chicken wrapped in bacon-
CHICKEN- Cut chicken into small thin bite-sized strips (or cubes). TIP– You make to make sure the pieces are uniform in size for even baking.
BACON- Cut bacon in half and completely wrap the bacon around the chicken.
SEASONED BROWN SUGAR- In a deep bowl or baking dish, combine the brown sugar, paprika, ground pepper, garlic, and chili powder. Mix well to combine.
Coat the bacon-wrapped chicken in the brown sugar and lay onto a lined baking sheet.
BAKE- Bake until chicken bacon is crispy and the brown sugar caramelizes. If you like your bacon extra crispy, you can broil it until desired crispiness is reached.
what can I serve with bacon-wrapped chicken?
The mini chicken appetizers may be served with whatever else you are serving if it’s to be served as an appetizer.
can I substitute for thighs?
Yes, you can use chicken breast or chicken thighs in this recipe with great success.
Once you give this chicken wrapped in bacon recipe a try, you’ll be hooked. 🙂 Even the picky eaters are going to love the dish.
try these other appetizers-
- Bang Bang Shrimp– a party favorite.
- Chicken Gyoza Recipe– just like the Japanese restaurants.
- Seafood Phyllo Cups– for the seafood lovers.
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps– better than P.F. Changs.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Cut the bacon strips in half. Cut the chicken breast into small bite-size pieces.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken pieces. Generously coat chicken with the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.