The easiest recipe for Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Ground chicken cooked in the most delicious ginger peanut soy sauce. The sauce is so delicious and goes so well with the chicken and veggies. This recipe is a favorite even for the picky eaters.
chicken lettuce wraps-
The inspiration for these Chicken Lettuce Wraps come from the popular Chinese restaurant, P. F. Chang’s. The lettuce wraps are the reason we go to that restaurant. This recipe is just as amazing – but at a fraction of the price and made in the comfort of your home. The combination of chicken with the garlic and ginger in the peanut soy sauce is just the right balance of flavor in every bite.
The wraps are super quick and easy to make, perfect if you’re on a budget but want a healthy dish.
how to make chicken lettuce wraps:
A recipe doesn’t get any easier than these chicken lettuce wraps. These wraps are so easy to make and yet so delicious.
- Combine the soy sauce, peanut butter, garlic and water; set sauce aside.
- In a skillet, brown the ground chicken. Add the sauce and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, cut desired vegetables and break apart lettuce.
- Serve chicken over lettuce with your favorite added veggies.
- Serve chicken filling in lettuce as wraps.
what kind of chicken do I use?
You can use pre-ground chicken from the grocery store or buy fresh meat and grind it with an attachment for a KitchenAid mixer (we use it all the time). Although ground thighs work best for this recipe, chicken breast may be used as well.
Ground turkey may also be used as a substitute for the ground chicken if desired.
what is the best lettuce for chicken lettuce wraps?
Mini romaine and butter lettuce are both great to use for wraps. If you don’t have either of those, iceberg lettuce will work just fine.
lettuce wrap toppings-
The chicken lettuce wraps may be served plain or they can be topped with your favorite topping cubed or julienned. Here are some options for toppings
- Chow mein noodles
- Green onion or cilantro
how to store lettuce wraps?
The chicken filling for lettuce wraps may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure to completely cool the chicken before refrigerating.
how to reheat lettuce wraps?
To reheat chicken filling, add a splash of water, chicken broth or butter to skillet with the chicken and reheat.
This recipe for Chicken Lettuce Wraps will be on your weekly menu. Any recipe is great if kids and adults approve and this one is just that! Enjoy, friends:).
try these other 30 minute meals-
- Meaty Spaghetti– a one-pot wonder.
- Sauteed Shrimp– in garlic butter.
- Baked Chicken Fajita– baked and so delicious.
- Chicken Mushroom Pasta– with the best sauce.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp chicken broth or water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce or romaine
- radishes, optional when serving
- cucumbers, optional when serving
- In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, water, and soy sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet, add oil and heat over medium/high heat. Once hot, add the ground chicken. Cook until browned, breaking up the chicken as it’s cooked.
- Add the butter, garlic and ginger. Stir and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the sauce into the chicken mixture, and add the green onion. Cook an additional minute.
- To serve, add chicken to lettuce and top with desired toppings.
- Enjoy, friends!
- Store leftover cooked chicken in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Assemble wraps when you are ready to eat.
- Cool chicken fully, before freezing. Store for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Pro tip: make extra sauce and dip wraps into it for an extra kick of flavor.
This recipe is created by Valentina’s Corner and first shared on Centsless Meals.