This is The Best Salmon Recipe ready to be enjoyed in under 30 minutes and so easy to make. The baked salmon filets are so flavorful and juicy and topped with avocado salsa, the perfect combination. It’s so light and healthy yet so filling.
If you love salmon, our Grilled Salmon, the Stuffed Salmon and easy Air Fryer Salmon recipes should be added to your menu rotation.
The BEST Salmon Recipe-
The salmon filets are seasoned and then baked in the oven until juicy. While the salmon is baking, prepare the avocado salsa. The dish is so light, healthy and satisfying.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Tastes great and is so flavorful.
- Loaded with nutrients.
- So easy to make.
- Doesn’t require a lot of dishes.
What You’ll Need:
The ingredients for the salmon are so simple and minimal.
- Salmon- fresh salmon is great but thawed frozen salmon will work as well.
- Oil- Olive oil will keep the salmon from becoming too dry.
- Garlic- Freshly minced garlic adds so much flavor to the salmon.
- Seasonings- Paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper is all you need for the seasoning.
- Salsa- Avocado, lemon juice, red onion, garlic, tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro make up the fresh salsa.
How to Make the Best Salmon Recipe-
- Prep oven: Preheat the oven.
- Cut salmon: Slice the salmon into 4 to 5 filets.
- Make rub: Combine olive oil, garlic, paprika, chili powder, pepper and salt. Rub on all sides of the salmon.
- Cook: Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your filets.
- Prepare salsa: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chopped avocado, lemon juice, onions, cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve: Transfer baked salmon to a serving platter. Top salmon with avocado salsa.
- Serve immediately.
The baked salmon is so healthy and since it’s accompanied by the avocado guac, you really may enjoy the salmon as is. However, if you’d like to add a side, here are some great ideas.
- Serve over a bed of quinoa.
- Over Mashed Potatoes or Baked Rice.
- A side of French Fries or the Sweet Potato Fries.
Storing & Make Ahead:
The salsa is best enjoyed fresh as the avocado will brown. If you have leftover salsa, here’s how you’ll store it.
- Refrigerate: Store leftover salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days.
- Make-ahead: Cut salmon and prepare rub, coat the salmon and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Reheat: Reheat the salmon in the oven by drizzling oil and covering it with foil to keep the salmon from drying.
More Seafood Recipes:
The BEST Salmon Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh salmon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp table salt
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbsp lemon squeezed
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups cubed tomatoes
- 5 canned jalapeno rings chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the salmon into 4 to 5 fillet.
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, chili powder, pepper and salt. Rub on all sides of the salmon.
- Bake 12-15 minute, depending on thickness of your fillet.
- Meanwhile, prepare avocado salsa. Finely chop the onion, cilantro and jalapenos. Mince the garlic. Cube tomatoes and the avocado.
- In a small bowl, toss all of the ingredients for the avocado salsa.
- Transfer baked salmon to serving platter.
- Top salmon with avocado salsa. Serve immediately.