The perfect recipe for grilled salmon. The salmon marinade is so simple using just oil and seasoning but once grilled, pure perfection.
Juicy, tender, and flakey fillets that make for a light yet hearty lunch or dinner, perfect for grilling season.
This grilled salmon recipe is such a simple and quick recipe for grilling season! I love the flavors from the marinade combined with that smokey flavor grilling adds. This is one of my go-to recipes during summer time grilling.
GRILLED SALMON MARINADE-
The marinade is what makes this recipe so AMAZING! All you need for this marinade is some olive oil and seasoning. You can switch out the seasonings to your favorite seasonings if you don’t like the one we used.
- MARINATE TIME– In a bowl, coat the salmon on all sides with the marinade. You’ll want to allow the salmon to marinate for at least half an hour and up to 8 hours.
HOW TO GRILL SALMON-
You will know the salmon is done and cooked when the salmon becomes opaque and becomes flakey. Cooked salmon should reach an internal temperature of at least 145°F. You don’t want to overcook the salmon, because it will be dry and tough, and unpleasant to eat.
- Preheat grill– Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Grease grates– Just dip a bunched-up paper towel in oil then grease the grates.
- Cook fillets– Grill the fillets for about 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- Serve– Remove the salmon from the grill and squeeze fresh lemon juice over fillets.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes you can bake the salmon at 400°F for about 12-15 minutes.
Yes, like our classic air fryer salmon, cook at the salmon 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
YES! This recipe works great with skinned salmon. Just grill with the skin down first for easier flipping.
You want to make sure you oil or spray your grill before adding the salmon. If spraying the grill, spray before you turn it on.
You are flipping it too often, you should only be flipping it once (no more than twice).
Yes! Marinade the salmon ahead of time by storing in the fridge, then just grill before serving
OTHER GRILLING FAVORITES:
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. Add the salmon fillets into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least a half an hour (or overnight).
- Spray or oil the grill grates. Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Place salmon onto the grates. Cook the salmon 4-5 minutes per side, or until the salmon reaches 145°F internal heat.
- Remove from the grill and top with freshly squeezed lemon juice and enjoy.
- Bake method–
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the marinated salmon onto a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for about 12-15 minutes.
- Air fryer method–
- Spray the air fryer basket with baking spray and add the fillets to the basket.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on 400°F.