Grilled Sausage with Vegetables is a classic recipe loved by all. We have partnered with Johnsonville in celebration of National Bratwurst Day to bring you this amazing recipe. An easy recipe for sausage grilled with vegetables and enjoyed in a hoagie roll.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This grilled sausage recipe with vegetables cooked together and served as a sandwich in a hoagie doesn’t get any better than this recipe for your summer cookouts. We just LOVE the mild Italian sausages and how juicy and flavorful they are when grilled, thank you Johnsonville.
The kids enjoy the sausages plain and my husband and I love to load on the veggies to compliment the flavors from the mild sausages.
How to Grill Sausage-
A recipe for grilling doesn’t get much easier than this. Prep the veggies, throw everyone onto the grill together and enjoy a good cookout with friends.
- Preheat the grill.
- Prepare vegetables- Cut the onions and pepper into thin even strands. Slice the mushrooms.
- Prepare sausage- Because the sausage and vegetables are cooked together, butterfly the sausage for even cooking time.
- Grill sausage and veggies- Line grill with foil. Add sausage and veggies to the foil. Drizzle with oil, add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook 6-8 minutes, turning as needed.
- Assemble sandwich- Add hoagies to the grill and cook until crispy. Spread mayo (or spicy mayo) over the hoagies, add sausage and top with vegetables.
How long to grill sausage-
You’ll want to be sure the grill is preheated to medium heat. Add sausage to grill, cook for 12-15 minutes, or until sausage is browned and internal temperatures is 160F. Be sure to turn the sausage brats frequently so all sides are cooked evenly.
If you butterfly the sausage (as we did in this recipe), you’ll want to cook the sausage 6-8 minutes along with the vegetables.
I hope you guys are inspired to turn on your grill and create your own sausage sandwiches, especially on August 16th in celebration of Bratsgiving. #Bratsgiving
Grilled Sausage Recipe (with Vegetables)
- Preheat grill to medium heat and line with foil.
- Butterfly the sausages and add to foil.
- Spread out the vegetables around the sausages.
- Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Toss to combine.
- Grill 6-8 minutes or until sausages are cooked through, flipping sausages as needed and mixing vegetables.
- Once cooked, add the hoagies to the grill and cook until crispy (don't burn).
- Spread mayo over the hoagies (optional), add the sausages and grilled veggies.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Cut vegetables into thick strands or they will cook quicker than the sausages.
- Use spicy mayo for heat in the sandwiches.