This How to Grill Corn guide is everything you need to know about grilling corn. Juicy and flavorful corn loaded with butter and seasoning. This easy recipe will become a favorite during the grilling season.
grilled corn on the cob-
This easy recipe for corn on the cob is amazing. The cob is grilled with a charred taste, smothered in butter and season. The perfect side dish for all your summer grilling!
should I grill with or without the husk?
You can do either and it really is a personal preference! This recipe is without husks and our corn with creamy spread is grilled with husks.
WITHOUT HUSKS- The husks give it a smoky and charred taste. Remove the husks and silk from the corn before placing onto the grill.
WITH HUSKS- Leaving the husks on takes a few minutes longer but it isn’t as charred and is a bit juicier. Remove the outer layer of husks before adding corn to a grill.
IN FOIL- You can also wrap the cobs in foil. This keeps it from giving that charred taste but you still get the perfect taste!
TIPS for this recipe-
Grilling corn is extremely easy. Here are some tips to get the juiciest corn on the cob.
HEAT- You want to keep the heat at a medium. Cooking at high heat will burn the corn yet it’ll be hard and undercooked.
WATER- Some people like to submerge corn into the water before adding to the grill. I’ve tried with and without water and can’t say I see a huge difference.
BUTTER- Generously buttering the corn as it comes off the grill is the key to the juiciest cob.
SEASON- Though corn is naturally sweet, and the butter adds flavor, seasoning the corn just takes it over the top and the perfect finish. Once you give seasoned corn a try, you’ll never serve corn unseasoned.
what can I serve with corn on the cob?
Corn is the perfect side to any dish, especially in the summertime. Enjoy the corn on the cob with the following dishes.
- Grilled Shrimp Recipe– Simple grilled shrimp in the best marinade.
- Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables– The best grilling recipe!
- Juicy Grilled Chicken Kebabs– Another simple and delicious grilled chicken!
- Grilled Buffalo Ranch Chicken– Chicken in a spicy buffalo ranch marinade!
How to Grill Corn
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic and paprika.
- Remove husks and silk off corn and place corn on the grill over medium heat. Grill 12 to 15 minutes, turning about every 5 minutes until all sides are grilled. Corn is ready when piercing with a knife and kernels are tender.
- Generously smother the corn in butter
- Season corn with the seasoning,
- Enjoy. 🙂