Grilled Shrimp Recipe in the easiest and BEST marinade! This shrimp, in a sweet and tangy honey garlic marinade, threaded on skewers and grilled – ready in just 25 minutes.
This shrimp recipe is perfect for grilling season, just like our grilled chicken thighs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
easiest grilled shrimp-
One of the best things about grilling shrimp is how easy it is to have dinner on the table. I love that this marinade is so simple and it uses ingredients you most likely already have on hand.
Uncooked shrimp tossed and marinated in honey, garlic, butter and seasonings. The perfect balance of sweet, savory, and tangy with a bit of a hit – perfect combination of flavors.
how do you grill shrimp?
This EASY shrimp recipe can be ready to serve in just 20 minutes! The grilled shrimp marinade is so good and so quick to make – you’ll use the marinade on other recipes.
- MARINADE: Prepare marinade by whisking together the oil, butter with minced garlic, honey, lime juice (or lemon juice), and season with salt, paprika, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. NOTE: Allow the shrimp to marinate at least 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- SKEWER: Add the raw shrimp to the marinade and mix to combine. You can give them 5 minutes to marinade or even overnight if you aren’t in a hurry. Keep the bowl covered and refrigerate. Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- GRILL: Grill shrimp 2-3 minutes per side and enjoy! TIP: The shrimp gets cold rather quickly, be sure the remainder of your dinner is ready so you can enjoy the shrimp as soon as it’s off the grill.
how do I know if shrimp is cooked?
You will know that the shrimp is cooked when it turns pink and is opaque (meaning you cannot see through it).
NOTE: Be sure not to OVERCOOK the shrimp. They will turn rubbery and chewy.
how long should I cook shrimp on the grill?
Shrimp cooks really quickly, about 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
what do I serve with grilled shrimp?
This grilled shrimp recipe is bursting with flavor! Even your picky eaters will enjoy the shrimp and will ask for seconds and thirds.
MORE GRILLING RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Grilled Tender Pork Kabobs– in a most unique marinade.
- Chicken Kabobs– loaded with vegetables
- Grilled Corn– in a creamy spread.
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Kabobs– chipotle ranch chicken.
Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, melted butter, minced garlic, honey and lime juice.
- In a separate bowl combine dry seasoning ingredients.
- Pat shrimp completely dry.
- Toss the shrimp in the butter garlic and honey marinade.
- Sprinkle dry seasonings over the shrimp. Set aside to marinate 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp onto grilling skewers.
- Grill shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side, until no longer translucent.