An easy recipe for the most delicious Shrimp Scampi Recipe. Juicy shrimp bathed in flavor-packed garlic butter and wine sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Homemade shrimp scampi recipe-
This Italian dish is shrimp (or prawns) seasoned, cooked and smothered in the most delicious butter and garlic wine sauce.
A recipe cannot get easier than this one. It comes together in under 15 minutes and the taste and appeal are that of a restaurant-quality meal!.
How to Make Homemade Scampi?
The shrimp scampi comes together so quickly. I’d recommend you prep your side or pasta to serve immediately with the scampi as soon as it’s cooked.
- Devein and remove the tail from shrimp. TIP: This is an optional and personal preference.
- Season and saute the shrimp until cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Cook garlic and butter until fragrant, add the wine with the broth and simmer.
- Return the shrimp to the pan, toss to coat in the sauce. Top with fresh parsley and drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon.
|Chef’s Tip- The Shrimp scampi can easily be made up to one day in advance and refrigerated. Reheat over low heat before serving.|
Shrimp scampi sauce-
This shrimp scampi sauce is what adds so much flavor to the shrimp (or prawns).
The wine with butter and garlic are amazing together and the sauce is so simple to make. You can dip homemade bread in the butter sauce, yes, it’s that good!
What to serve with?
- An appetizer- for parties or potlucks.
- A side dish- paired with roasted vegetables.
- Main dish- with a side of pasta or zucchini noodles.
Tips for the BEST Shrimp Scampi-
- Don’t overcook the shrimp, they will turn rubbery and unpleasant.
- Use large or extra-large shrimp or prawns for juiciness results.
- If using frozen shrimp, be sure to thaw completely before cooking.
- You can quickly thaw the frozen shrimp by adding the shrimp to cool water for 10 minutes. Be sure to pat the shrimp dry.