The easiest Air Fryer Shrimp recipe resulting in tender and juicy shrimp (prawns) ready in under 10 minutes! Who knew that shrimp in the air fryer was so easy to make.
If you enjoy cooking with an Air Fryer, you’ll also love the Air Fryer Salmon and easy Asparagus Recipe.
BEST AIR FRYER SHRIMP-
This Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe is such a simple and delicious recipe! The shrimp is tossed in oil and seasoned then cooked in the air fryer. Though the shrimp is absolutely easy to make, it is so juicy and flavorful.
You can use the shrimp as an appetizer, or a side dish, a main entree, the possibilities are endless!
All you need is just a couple of staple kitchen ingredients to make this quick and easy shrimp recipe!
- Shrimp– You want to use raw shrimp prawns that thawed, deveined and peeled. You can use frozen shrimp but it has to be completely thawed. If you prefer to keep your tail on, do so.
- Oil– You can use any oil, we use canola oil, olive oil, avocado oil, or any other oil.
- Seasoning– For the seasoning, all we use is salt, pepper, paprika and Italian seasoning. You can use any of your favorite seasonings and spices. We like to use our Cajun seasoning or Taco seasoning for this recipe as well.
HOW TO AIR FRYER SHRIMP-
This air fryer shrimp comes together so quickly so you’ll want to make sure your sides are ready to be served.
- Prepare Shrimp– Peel and devein the shrimp and completely pat dry with paper towel.
- Season– Combine ingredients for the seasoning into a bowl. Toss the shrimp in the oil and seasoning mixture.
- Air Fry Shrimp– Add the shrimp to the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook until cooked.
- Top with fresh greens and lemon juice is desired.
When do I know when my shrimp is done? The key to the perfect juicy and tender shrimp is to not overcook the shrimp. The internal temperature of the perfect cooked shrimp should read 120°F.
The cook times will vary depending on the size of the shrimp. A smaller-sized shrimp will take less time to cook than larger and jumbo shrimp.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can store the cooked shrimp in an airtight container in the fridge, for up to 3 days. Then, just serve cold or reheat for a few minutes to serve.
That’s totally fine, check out our Sauteed Shrimp for a stove-top version.
The internal temperature of cooked shrimp should be 120°F.
To reheat the shrimp just add it back to the air fryer to reheat, or into the microwave.
There are several different ways to serve this shrimp. Here are some of our favorite recipes to enjoy with the shrimp:
Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- Devein and remove tails on the shrimp. Pat shrimp is completely dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, paprika, and italian seasoning.
- Add the shrimp into a bowl and toss in the oil and seasoning mixture.
- Place the seasoned shrimp into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the shrimp at 400°F for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite side and enjoy.