The BEST Cajun Seasoning recipe that is bursting with flavors using spices you most likely already have on hand! The seasoning is so versatile and may be used on meat, pasta or seafood.
HOMEMADE CAJUN SEASONING-
There is just something about making homemade spice blends like this Cajun seasoning! The flavors mixed together to create a flavorful seasoning that may be used on just about any recipe!
I love making a double or triple batch of seasoning and always having some on hand to use.
|Where does Cajun seasoning come from? |
Cajun seasoning originates from the South, especially popular in Louisiana.
This blend has been tested so many times to perfect the proportions and it is absolutely delicious and so quick to whip up.
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground paprika
- italian seasoning
- cayenne pepper
Note: This recipe will yield about 3 1/2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning!
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN SEASONING-
Making this seasoning recipe is SO EASY!
- In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
- Store in a container jar and enjoy.
Can I adjust the heat level of this seasoning?
Yes! By adding more or taking out some of the cayenne pepper will make a difference in how spicy this mix will be. We find 1 tsp is that perfect kick, you can definitely add more or less, to taste.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE SEASONING-
I got THESE cute little spice jars for all my spices and I love using them when I make my homemade spice blends. The seasoning just needs to be stored at room temperature, no need to be refrigerated.
How long will the seasoning last?
The seasoning blend may be stored for up to six months!
Ways to use the seasoning!
This seasoning is GREAT for so many different things. If you like a spicy kick to your food use this on anything! But here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy this spice:
- MEAT: You can use this to season any meat, try it on: shrimp, steak, chicken, fish, or even pork.
- VEGGIES: When making roasted vegetables we LOVE adding this seasoning to the veggies.
- BREAD: This is especially good to add in oil for dipping like our homemade Italian Bread.
Our favorite recipes using the cajun blend would have to be the Cajun Chicken Pasta and the Steak Fajitas – it is so good!
We hope you enjoy this SIMPLE homemade cajun seasoning recipe! If you like making homemade seasonings try our homemade taco seasoning.
The BEST Cajun Seasoning Recipe
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 ½ tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for the cajun seasoning.
- Place in an airtight container. Use as needed.