This is the BEST recipe for homemade chicken seasoning blend and is a staple in our kitchen! The seasoning is the perfect blend of spices that may be used on a whole chicken or any cuts of poultry.
Stock up your spice drawer with our other homemade spice blends such as our Taco Seasoning and our Cajun Seasoning.
This homemade blend mix is the perfect blend of spices and seasonings to add to any chicken recipe! The EASY seasoning will become your go-to way to season all of your poultry. The combination of flavors from salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, onion, cayenne, and Italian seasoning is amazing.
- Salt– This is a must in all seasonings. You can also add or minus the salt to your personal liking.
- Ground black pepper– We love to use freshly grated black pepper but you can use the classic ground black pepper.
- Ground paprika– For this recipe you can use sweet or smoked paprika, whichever you have on hand will work.
- Garlic and onion powder– Enhances the flavor of the blend.
- Italian seasoning– Adds so much flavor.
- Cayenne pepper– This brings you a little bit of a kick to your recipe. You can adjust the cayenne according to the amount of heat you want or completely remove it.
HOW TO SEASON CHICKEN-
I love making a double batch of this spice blend and keeping it in the spice drawers in THESE containers. Then just measure out as needed for recipes.
- Make blend– In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Season chicken– Season your choice of chicken and allow it to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken– Cook the chicken using your desired cooking method.
Whether you are baking, grilling, or searing chicken this seasoning blend works great for all poultry. Try this seasoning blend with these recipes:
I hope this seasoning blend becomes a new family favorite!
Homemade Chicken Seasoning Blend
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, add salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powder, Italian seasoning, and cayenne. Stir until well combined.
- Place in an airtight container. Use as needed.