This air fryer asparagus recipe is so quick to make and ready in just 15 minutes! The asparagus is crispy and requires simple ingredients you already have on hand, making it a wonderful side dish.
ASPARAGUS IN THE AIR FRYER-
All you need for this recipe is asparagus, oil, a simple seasoning blend and an air fryer. Asparagus tossed in oil and seasoning then air fried until crispy and tender, the perfect side dish recipe.
There are many different extras you can add to the asparagus recipe. Here are some options:
- Cheese– add two minutes before cooking is done.
- Mushrooms– cook whole mushrooms with asparagus.
- Bacon– cut bacon into pieces and cook with the asparagus.
- Garlic– whole garlic cloves.
- Almonds– serve with almonds.
- Lemon– drizzle with lemon juice before serving.
You can get creative with your toppings and extras!
HOW TO MAKE COOK ASPARAGUS IN AIR FRYER-
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this simple side dish recipe. We recommend having you entree dish prepped as the asparagus cooks really quickly.
- Trim asparagus– rinse the asparagus and trim the ends.
- Make seasoning– combine the seasoning blend in a bowl.
- Season– toss the asparagus in oil and then in the seasoning blend.
- Cook– Add the asparagus to the air fryer basket until the desired doneness!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
That’s OK! Just follow instructions and just add to a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 425°F for about 15 minutes.
You want to remove the tough ends of the asparagus. Tip: You can hold the asparagus and bend. The dead woody ends will snap right off.
You want to store your asparagus in an airtight container in the fridge. It can last in the fridge for up to five days.
Just add the asparagus back into the air fryer for a couple minutes, or until reheated.
We coat the asparagus with oil, therefore, there is no need to grease the asparagus.
We use THESE liners for our air fryer for easier cleanup. NOTE: Foil is not recommended for an air fryer.
This recipe makes for a great side dish for so many different dishes. Here are some dinner recipes you can enjoy with this asparagus:
Air Fryer Asparagus
- Trim off the ends of the asparagus and rinse.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Toss the asparagus in the oil and then season and toss again. Add to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 380°F for about 8-10 minutes or until they've reached the desired tenderness.