This quick and easy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe inspired by our Chicken Stir Fry is SO GOOD! The dish is so quick to make, the flavors of the vegetables, combined with the shrimp and Asian sauce is amazing.
shrimp stir fry recipe-
This shrimp stir fry with vegetables is everything you can ask for in a one-pan meal. Not only is it completely ready in just 15 MINUTES, but it also tastes like you’re ordering a dish at a 5-star restaurant. 🙂 Juicy shrimp with mushrooms, broccoli and peppers smothered in a sweet honey soy sauce. SO GOOD!
Serve the shrimp and vegetables over a side of baked rice or your favorite noodles.
how to make shrimp stir fry-
I love that the ingredients for this shrimp stir fry is so minimal and you most likely already have all of the ingredients in your fridge.
- Cook shrimp until pink and translucent.
- Saute onions until tender, add vegetables and cook until the desired doneness, stir in minced garlic and ginger.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour in the sauce to the vegetables and add shrimp back.
- Cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
NOTE: This dish comes together really quickly so be sure to have your side dish ready and table set before cooking. 🙂
what vegetables go with stir fry?
Though we used broccoli, mushrooms and peppers with the shrimp, you can totally change up the vegetables you use. Here are some other great options:
- mini corn
- snap peas
- green beans
TIP: Because this recipe comes together so quickly, I wouldn’t recommend using frozen vegetables.
can I reheat shrimp stir fry?
Yes, the stir fry reheats wonderfully, just keep refrigerated and covered. Cook over low/medium heat until reheated.
If you enjoy seafood, you’re in for a treat with this quick shrimp recipe. I love hearing your feedback, don’t forget to leave your comments below.
Try these other great recipes-
- Vegetable Chicken Stir Fry– One pan stir fry recipe with chicken.
- Ground Beef Stir Fry– Stir fry made with ground beef and vegetables.
- Garlic Butter Sauteed Shrimp– Easy pan-fried shrimp recipe.
Easy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp oil (canola or olive oil)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 red pepper, cubed
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets, medium size florets
- 3 Tbsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger. grated
Stir Fry Sauce-
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 ½ Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp sriracha sauce (or hot sauce), more to taste
- green onion, optional
- sesame seed, optional
- In a skillet, saute shrimp with 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil, about 2 min. per side. Once shrimp is cooked, remove from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, add another 1 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp oil and the chopped onion, cook 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- While the onion is cooking, prepare the vegetables.
- Add an additional 2 Tbsp butter, broccoli florets, mushrooms and red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are desired doneness.
- Add in minced garlic and ginger, cook an additional minute.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the stir fry sauce, pour in to the vegetables and cook over med heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add shrimp back to skillet, reheat shrimp and serve.
- Enjoy, friends.