An easy recipe for Chicken Stir Fry. This one-pan stir fry recipe loaded with pasta, sauteed vegetables and chicken smothered in an amazing Japanese inspired sauce will become a family favorite.
Just like our Chicken Fried Rice Recipe, you’ll never want to order take out again.
chicken stir fry recipe-
This Chicken Stir Fry Recipe is AMAZING! Your favorite pasta smothered in a Japanese inspired sauce and loaded with chicken and vegetables. It’s the perfect quick meal for dinner or when you are having guests. Impressive and delicious!
what kind of pasta can I use?
You can use your favorite pasta. Though we used spaghetti, fettuccine and even angel hair pasta in this recipe. Linguine pasta is also a favorite, it’s not too thin and not too thick, the perfect pasta to go with vegetables and chicken and enjoy each ingredient in every bite.
stir fry vegetables-
For this chicken stir fry with vegetables, I used mushrooms, carrots, broccoli and red peppers. This recipe is really forgiving and the vegetables make be substituted. Cauliflower, snap peas, zucchini and even green beans may all be substituted or combined to the liking of your choice.
how to make vegetable chicken stir fry:
- Cook pasta per package instructions, al dente.
- Clean and cut the vegetables: broccoli, pepper, carrot, and mushrooms.
- Slice chicken into strands.
- In a skillet, saute the chicken.
- In the same skillet, saute vegetables. Once cooked, add the chicken back to the skillet. Add the butter, ginger, and garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant.
- Combine the ingredients for the Japanese sauce and pour them into skillet. Bring to a soft boil.
- Add cooked pasta in skillet and mix.
- Cook until sauce thickens and pasta gets warm.
TIP: I like to use a microplane grater for ginger and garlic.
can I make chicken stir fry in advance?
Yes, this chicken stir fry is perfect to make in advance. Prepare recipe per instructions and combine add everything to a casserole dish. Bake until reheated when ready to serve. So easy and simple.
I hope you LOVE this recipe! Don’t forget to leave us a comment below if you make it. Your feedback is so important to us.
Try these other great chicken recipes:
- Chicken Fried Rice– Beats any take out.
- Vegetable Chicken Stroganoff– Comfort food!
- Chicken Scampi Recipe– Olive Garden CopyCat from home.
Vegetable Chicken Stir Fry
- 8 oz linguine pasta (or spaghetti)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strands
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1 1/2 cups medium broccoli florets
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into thin strands
- 3 Tbsp oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1½ tsp ginger, grated
- Cook pasta al dente with 1 tsp oil and dash of salt according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain and return to pot, cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk all of the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Peel and clean vegetables. Slice or quarter mushrooms, cut broccoli into medium florets, cut carrot and red pepper into thin strands.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- In a large skillet, over med/high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once hot, add chicken. Saute until fully cooked. Lightly season with salt and pepper, mix and remove chicken.
- Saute vegetables with 2 Tbsp oil until tender.
- Add butter, garlic and ginger mix and saute another minute.
- Pour sauce into skillet, bring to a soft boil.
- Add the pasta and the chicken to a skillet and mix.
- Cook until sauce thickens and pasta heats.