Homemade Cobb Salad Recipe loaded with chicken, tomatoes, bacon, hard-boiled egg and avocado served over a bed of greens with a homemade dressing.
What is a Cobb Salad? Robert Cobb, founder of Brown Derby restaurant was working one evening in his restaurant and made a salad with everything he had on hand. That salad became what we know today as the famous Cobb Salad served in just about every restaurant.
Cobb Salad ingredients? The salad is typically made with chopped greens, bacon, tomato, eggs, and blue cheese. Though the traditional salad uses a vinaigrette as a dressing, we like to serve ours with our Homemade Ranch.
|A Cobb Salad is like a Chef Salad, it just has more ingredients and is typically served with hot chicken while a Chef Salad is served with cold meat.|
How to make a Cobb Salad-
Though the salad is loaded with so many ingredients, it’s rather simple to make:
Prepare the salad dressing:
- Prepare the homemade dressing by whisking together all of the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Prepare the hot ingredients:
- Cook the chicken. You can use our easy Skillet Chicken or what has become a new favorite for us, our Chicken Tenders.
- Cook the eggs. We just hard-boiled ours with our Classic Recipe. Peel and cut the eggs in half or cube.
- Cook the bacon. We prefer baking our bacon using this method here.
- Quarter or halve the tomatoes, slice the cucumber and onion. Chop the lettuce or romaine, rinse under cold water, and spin.
- Add the greens to your salad bowl or platter. Arrange the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, crumbled cheese, and mild cheddar, and croutons.
- Slice the avocado and add to the salad. Cut chicken into desired pieces with the bacon or leave whole.