This classic Caesar Salad Recipe is such a crowd pleaser! Crispy and fresh romaine, fresh parmesan cheese, crunchy croutons all tossed in a creamy homemade caesar dressing.
If you like this classic Caesar salad, you’ll need to try our chicken caesar pasta salad and classic cobb salad!
If you enjoyed this recipe for caesar salad, we’d love for you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. (P.S. Click the BELL icon to get notifications of new videos.)
CAESAR SALAD RECIPE-
This classic salad recipe is my go-to recipe when I’m craving a salad. The combination of romaine, parmesan cheese, crouton and the dressing is AMAZING! Bring the classic caesar salad recipe to a whole new level by making homemade croutons and homemade caesar salad dressing!
|Chef’s tip: If you are in a hurry, just use store-bought croutons and dressing!|
Why you’ll love the salad-
- Easy and quick to make.
- Simple ingredient.
- Loved by kids and adults.
- Can use store-bought ingredients!
- Classic recipe that makes a perfect side to any dish.
CAESAR SALAD INGREDIENTS-
I LOVE how fast I can throw together this salad. With just these 4 simple ingredients, you can enjoy it as well!
- ROMAINE– For this recipe, you want to use romaine instead of iceberg lettuce.
- PARMESAN– We love getting a fresh block of parmesan cheese and grating, but you can use pre-grated parmesan cheese also!
- CROUTONS– for the BEST results you want to use homemade croutons, but any type of croutons will work for this recipe.
- DRESSING– You can use any store-bought caesar salad or our amazing homemade caesar salad dressing.
HOW TO MAKE CAESAR SALAD-
- Make the dressing: Prepare a homemade caesar salad dressing recipe (or use store-bought dressing).
- Clean & cut romaine: Rinse and chop the romaine into desired pieces. This salad spinner works great.
- Arrange salad: Add romaine to a bowl or serving platter. Add croutons, we used our homemade croutons.
- Grate Parmesan: Grate the desired amount of parmesan cheese right into the bowl.
- Mix: Drizzle the dressing over everything and lightly toss to combine.
- Serve: Serve and enjoy!
HOW TO DRESS UP CLASSIC SALAD-
I love adding extras to the classic salad with other ingredients to make it a hearty salad. Here are some great add-ons:
- CHICKEN– This simple pan-seared chicken breast is great with the salad (so easy to cook).
- BACON– Bacon bits bring this salad to a whole new level!
- EGGS– For a hearty salad I will add some hard-boiled eggs.
- VEGGIES– We also love adding tomatoes and cucumbers into this recipe.
This classic salad recipe is such a simple and delicious recipe! It makes for a great salad to make for potlucks, summertime barbecues, lunch, and even for dinner. We hope you enjoy this recipe and it becomes a new favorite of yours.
Other salad recipes to try-
- Classic Egg Salad
- Coleslaw Recipe
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Tomato Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Chicken Caprese Salad
- Greek Salad Recipe
Classic Caesar Salad
- 3 medium heads of romaine, chopped
- 1 recipe of caesar salad dressing
- 1 batch of homemade croutons
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare a batch of homemade caesar salad dressing and a batch of homemade croutons. If you are using store-bought dressing and croutons, skip this step.
- Rinse and chop the romaine into desired size.
- Add the romaine into a serving bowl. Top with croutons and grate the desired amount of fresh parmesan.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with ground black pepper and enjoy.