This amazing recipe for Chicken Caprese Salad is everything you can ask for in a salad. Juicy chicken breast served over a bed of romaine with avocado, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Though I love salads as a side dish, sometimes I crave a hearty salad with protein as a main dish. I love this salad because not only is it hearty and filling, it’s so easy to make and is so healthy. Juicy chicken breast over a bed of romaine, tomatoes, cheese, onion drizzled with an easy vinaigrette dressing.
This salad is inspired by our unique spin on classic Caprese Salad.
How to make Chicken Caprese Salad-
- Cook chicken– Prepare 1 recipe of the pan-seared chicken breast.
- Prepare the dressing– In a small jar, whisk together the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Prep vegetables– Cut, rinse under cold water, and spin the romaine lettuce and add to a serving bowl. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Slice or cube avocado, and slice the red onion.
- Arrange salad– Arrange remaining ingredients as over the romaine. Add cheese and chicken to the salad. Drizzle dressing over the salad.
Can I make the salad in advance?
This salad can easily be made a few hours in advance to save time! Prep and arrange romaine, onion, tomato, cheese on your serving plate, cover, and refrigerate. You’ll want to slice the avocado and add to the salad before serving.
Add ingredients for salad dressing to a jar and shake again before serving.
If you want the chicken hot, season, and refrigerate in advance, then all you do is cook the chicken. If you don’t mind the chicken cold, cook the chicken in advance as well.
This is such a light and healthy salad to make whenever you want a light but filling salad. I hope the chicken Caprese salad becomes a new family favorite.
Other popular salads-
- Taco salad– for the taco fans.
- Cobb salad– with a homemade ranch.
- Pasta salad– loved by all at parties.
- Greek salad– a classic favorite.
Chicken Caprese Salad Recipe
- 3 cups of chopped romaine
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped basil
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Prepare the pan-seared chicken breast recipe.
- On high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet. Sear chicken 2 minutes on both sides. Turn heat down to low, close lid of the skillet and cook another 5-6 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- In a large salad bowl, add the chopped romaine, chicken, avocado, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil, and red onion.
- Pour the balsamic dressing over the salad and toss.
- Serve and enjoy!