This Vegetable Eggplant Salad is so unique and original, perfect to enjoy all year round. Roasted eggplants with sauteed peppers, carrots and onions in an oil dressing.
If you like eggplant, try our Chunky Eggplant Spread.
eggplant salad recipe-
The combination of flavors in this salad is amazing! Roasted eggplant with sauteed vegetables mixed together with oil and the juices of the vegetables. Such a great and simple salad recipe.
what herbs do I use for this eggplant salad?
You can use any herbs you like and add the amount to taste. Cilantro, dill or parsley may be used or any combination of them.
I love the vegetables in this salad just lightly sauteed, meaning crunchy when you take a bite. You can cook the vegetables so they are crunchy or cook longer so they are tender.
preparing the eggplant-
- Cut the eggplant into 2″ pieces. Fully coat eggplant with salt. Let sit at room temp for 30-45 minutes.
- Drain liquid and pat dry eggplant pieces. Coat in oil and salt, mix.
- Roast the eggplant on a baking sheet.
- Slice onions, tomatoes, and peppers into thin strips.
- Julienne carrots.
- Deseed Hungarian peppers and chop. TIP: If you like spicy food, substitute Hungarian peppers with jalapenos or red chili pepper.
how to make eggplant salad-
- In a skillet, cook onion and oil.
- Once onions cooked, add carrots and cook.
- Add peppers and cook.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, sugar, black pepper, garlic and saute.
NOTE: For the best results, allow the eggplant salad to sit in the fridge for a couple hours, or overnight.
how to store eggplant salad-
This salad is best if kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last up to 4 day if refrigerated.
Try these other SALAD recipes:
Vegetable Eggplant Salad
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut eggplant into about 2” pieces. (I just slice the eggplant into three lengthwise. The tip I quarter and the other two into 6 pieces.)
- Sprinkle eggplant pieces with 1 ½ tsp salt, make sure all pieces are coated.
- Allow eggplant to stand at room temp for 30-45 minutes. Drain liquid and pat eggplant pieces dry.
- Return to bowl, coat 2 Tbsp oil and sprinkle with 1 ½ tsp salt, toss. Lay eggplant pieces onto the baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes.
- Slice onions thin, julienne carrots and slice red pepper into thin strips. Deseed Hungarian pepper and chop into small pieces. Slice tomatoes into medium sized pieces.
- Add 3 Tbsp oil to skillet, once hot, add onion. On med/high heat sauté 2 minutes. Add carrots and sauté 3 minutes. Add all peppers and sauté 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, ground pepper, sugar and garlic. Sauté 2 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Cool salad and refrigerate.