An amazing Broccoli Cabbage Salad Recipe. This salad using red and green cabbage with broccoli and tomatoes is the perfect crispy salad to enjoy during the hot summer days or cooler winter days. Perfect for parties and potlucks.
Easy Cabbage Salad
I love a good easy cabbage salad recipe. We have so many on our blog because cabbage is great to make any time of year. I love that cabbage doesn’t get soggy quickly and it makes for the perfect salad to make when you are hosting outside parties, potlucks or if you need to prep in advance. Prepare the salad the day before, just add the dressing and mix before serving guests. #Winner
Did you know there are so many benefits to eating red cabbage? My favorite is going to have to be that it contains antioxidants that help to lessen aging signs and keeps the skin looking healthy from the amounts of vitamin A. That combined with all of the benefits of white cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, and cucumbers and you have yourself a mighty healthy salad. I’ll take it!
How to cut cabbage?
The secret to cutting cabbage for salad is shredding the cabbage with a Mandoline Slicer. You can adjust the thickness of the slice and then lock it on the slicer and all of your pieces will be the same in size. Perfect to use for any kind of salad that requires thin slices. I use it for all my salads.
What kind of oil should I use?
Grapeseed oil, olive oil, Canola oil, walnut, or sunflower oil are all great to use for this salad.
I hope you loved this Broccoli Cabbage Salad recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this salad. We love seeing your creations.
Other favorite cabbage salads:
- Crunchy Cabbage Salad- The almonds add so much flavor to the salad.
- Crab and Cabbage Salad- Adding crab to salad is great!
- Cabbage Corn Tomato Salad– Always a hit at parties.
Broccoli Cabbage Salad
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli, small florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- Finely shred red and white cabbage with a mandoline slicer.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Dice the cherry tomatoes. Cube the cucumber into small cubes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine ingredients for dressing.
- Season salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Add dressing to the salad. Mix salad.